Views: 7,600,355 Home | Forums | Uploader | Wiki | Object databases | IRC
Rules/FAQ | Memberlist | Calendar | Stats | Online users | Last posts | Search
10-19-17 01:37 AM
Guest:

0 users reading Super Mario Galaxy 2 - A Button Challenge | 1 bot

Main - Gaming - Super Mario Galaxy 2 - A Button Challenge New reply

RealHeroicGamer
Posted on 09-14-17 09:42 PM (rev. 6 of 10-05-17 09:56 AM) Link | #88412
Hey, look, no more videos? That's because they keep constantly becoming outdated :P I will upload more though, don't worry.

But in all seriousness, for those who think I gave up on this challenge, you're wrong. Quite the opposite, in fact. I recently even started planning out an Any% speedrun route of this challenge. I've joined the official Discord (rumor has it that so has TJ "Henry" Yoshi) and even Mayro has joined, bringing along his spinless challenge. The SMG1ABC has also recently become a thing, although for now I'll stick with SMG2 :P

The A press count has plummeted a lot recently, which is very nice. I sorta joined at a time where A presses were flying downwards in numbers. Almost everyday we save a few A presses, it's going incredibly well.

So, back to me planning the Any% route. Once a good route has been determined and I practice some of the harder parts (a LOT) then I'll start livestreaming a run. Which, yea, is possible RTA. Unlike the SM64ABC, the SMG2ABC doesn't have any TAS-only tricks that are impossible to do RTA. There are definitely hard parts that would help as TAS, but they're all still possible RTA.

Anyway, so far I only have getting up to Yoshi Star Galaxy, but progress is going very well. Wish me luck, and lets hope speedrun.com accepts the category, haha.

Luigi442wii
Posted on 10-05-17 09:57 AM Link | #90026
Where are you going to be live streaming? If I lived in a closer timezone I'd watch it, but I don't, so uh...

Layout thanks to Thierry ^-^

RealHeroicGamer
Posted on 10-05-17 11:26 AM Link | #90028
Posted by Luigi442wii
Where are you going to be live streaming? If I lived in a closer timezone I'd watch it, but I don't, so uh...

Either Twitch or YouTube. Probably YouTube now that I think about it. Also, my timezone is CDT, and I'll stream whenever throughout the day, most likely on a weekend. c:

mibts
Posted on 10-11-17 07:23 PM Link | #90317
Nice. The SM64DS BBC is theoretically down to 2 B presses, by the way.

Any map on a flat torus can be colored with at most 7 colors.

poudink
Posted on 10-12-17 07:38 AM Link | #90329
For 100%?

[insert quote here]

RealHeroicGamer
Posted on 10-12-17 09:45 AM Link | #90331
Posted by mibts
The SM64DS BBC is theoretically down to 2 B presses, by the way.

Woah, really? TWO B presses? Wow, impressive considering we (SMG2ABC) are at around 400 A presses for the whole game! :P

mibts
Posted on 10-12-17 05:20 PM (rev. 2 of 10-12-17 05:22 PM) Link | #90352
Yes, for 150 star. If you're interested in watching the two big discoveries that saved a lot of B presses, here they are:

The big bad upwarp:

The Remote Interaction Glitch in action:

And the 2 B presses are one in BitFS for a certain red coin (because no objects spawn infinitely there), and Big Boo Battle for a certain red coin (because neither Yoshi nor Mr. Blizzards can be in that course).

Any map on a flat torus can be colored with at most 7 colors.

RealHeroicGamer
Posted on 10-12-17 07:54 PM Link | #90358
Wow, that remote interaction glitch blew my mind. Too bad SMG2 doesn't have something like that (as far as we know), although it could be possible... I doubt it, though :P The only real glitch we have is the Mega Sideflip, but we have no idea how it happens, why it happens, and how we can recreate it. We can sometimes get it in certain spots but other than that it's a complete mystery... it's basically like a normal sideflip, but takes you A LOT higher than normal.

Main - Gaming - Super Mario Galaxy 2 - A Button Challenge New reply

Page rendered in 0.021 seconds. (2048KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 28, rows: 207/207, time: 0.014 seconds.
[powered by Acmlm] Acmlmboard 2.064 (2015-10-07)
© 2005-2008 Acmlm, Xkeeper, blackhole89 et al.