Rules/FAQ | Memberlist | Calendar | Stats | Online users | Last posts | Search
09-22-18 10:18 PM
Guest:

0 users reading Politiscales | 1 bot

Main - Serious discussion - Politiscales New reply

Pages: 1 2
Swingball
Posted on 04-08-18 12:46 PM Link | #93986
Yeah, my flag gives you an idea of my perspective of the world in general, you know. ;)

https://discord.gg/CqMArxq

GalacticPirate
Posted on 04-08-18 01:40 PM Link | #93988
Posted by LeftyGreenMario
People just paint you as a broad stroke because of some beliefs you have. I say you're more of a libertarian, for individual rights by supporting laissez-faire but also supporting social justice causes. But if you don't think that describes you, then that's okay. You shouldn't live or die by labels.

I believe indeed that if anyone wants to make money, he should be able to do so without automatically being seen as a "dirty rich of the elite". I also believe in social justice being acheived through economic growth. I just don't think we should enforce "left" and "social" measures at any costs, even in a country that doesn't have an economy solid enough for that.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 04-08-18 07:25 PM Link | #93994
I don't mind if people want to make money, but I like to achieve a nice balance between being fair and being equal. That means I'm all for marketplace regulations and consumer protections. I think we strongly disagree on this part.

Tahcryon
Posted on 04-12-18 01:26 PM (rev. 3 of 04-12-18 01:28 PM) Link | #94029
[image]
I do wish my ecology was higher.

[04/15/2018]gridatttack: I still think the whole smg2.5 team are still in middle school lol
[04/15/2018]gridatttack: and they are 14yrs old

cosmological: There's no one in Russia who doesn't agree with Putin, probably because his ideas are that great

RanAS
Posted on 04-15-18 05:05 PM Link | #94082
THIS IS A LONG FUCKING QUIZ AAAAAA. I've had this quiz bookmarked for TWO MONTHS NOW because I knew how much time it would take for me to fill all the questions.

But here are my results:

[image]

I'm more left-leaning than I thought, apparently. Some of the questions were a bit ambiguous though. The quiz did not give me the "pragmatism" thing, which makes sense honestly.

I think that laissez-faire is a bit too low here though, but, hey what do I know. I've never even heard of the word before.

also hi I still exist

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 04-15-18 07:48 PM Link | #94085
I think your laissez-faire score being really low agrees with how I view it. I think laissez-faire is a terrible way of running society. Laissez-faire is French for "let to do", or "hands-off". This means "let the free market decide" and the ideology opposes regulation or government intervention. I'm seriously against that kind of ideology. I've read my share of what happens when there are no consumer protections (like before the FDA or EPA in the U.S.; what's like before healthcare/Medicare was a thing; what's like before minimum age or retirement support; what's like before workplace protections; the Guilded Age and all of that). It's always employers relentlessly exploiting their workers and that leads to strikes and demands for rights and general human dignity.

RanAS
Posted on 04-16-18 05:18 AM Link | #94089
I have to agree on that. I believe that the market won't able to regulate itself without state intervetion. Not that it's impossible for that to happen, but that if given the opportunity, the market would turn into blatant abuse towards the consumer/worker with things the way they currently are.

Of course, we need to make sure that the regulations the government puts forth are actually representative of the wishes of the general population, but that applies to literally everything government.
"I forgot what I was going to say."

JakoNintenCraft
Posted on 04-16-18 10:51 PM Link | #94112
http://www.politiscales.net/en_US/results/?e0=12&e1=48&s1=52&s0=17&t0=36&t1=17&b1=50&b0=24&j1=48&j0=17&p1=48&p0=17&femi=14&c1=76&m1=19&m0=29&reli=100

You're inside a simulation, of a simulation, inside a simulation, of a simulation, inside the Matrix, inside a taco, inside a taco, within a Taco Bell, that's inside a KFC, within a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR BRAIN!; inside another giant simulation!

Ndymario
Posted on 04-18-18 03:43 PM Link | #94122
Here are my results

[image]

Had a lot of blank space lol

Hope to see you there!

#HakingNoMore

If you can read this, you have scrolled too far down

GalacticPirate
Posted on 04-20-18 09:39 AM Link | #94131
Oh, I support consumer protections, like the interdictions of secret deals between companies to maintain prices high. I also want worker protection. I think the difference between us is our reference point, LeftyGreenMario. In France, both consumer protection and worker rights are far, far, far higher than in the US. There are so many "worker protections" that some are useless and are just blocking companies from hiring or even surviving. I want a middle point to, but France is from the other end.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 04-30-18 04:29 PM Link | #94209
Posted by RanAS
I have to agree on that. I believe that the market won't able to regulate itself without state intervetion. Not that it's impossible for that to happen, but that if given the opportunity, the market would turn into blatant abuse towards the consumer/worker with things the way they currently are.

Of course, we need to make sure that the regulations the government puts forth are actually representative of the wishes of the general population, but that applies to literally everything government.

Yes, those beliefs would account for a low laissze-faire score. The market HAS turned into abuse in the past. It's what happened after Reagan decided to deregulate the banks and it's a major point (among others) into why we fell into the 2008 financial recession. We've seen the industry kill tons of birds "accidentally" because of a lack of regulation for holding them accountable. We've seen lack of regulations on chlorofluorocarbons and look what that did to the ozone layer. And also automobile emissions being completely dirty and killing people.

Without some curation, we get Steam Workshop / Direct or the mobile phone game market. A complete mess.

Posted by GalacticPirate
Oh, I support consumer protections, like the interdictions of secret deals between companies to maintain prices high. I also want worker protection. I think the difference between us is our reference point, LeftyGreenMario. In France, both consumer protection and worker rights are far, far, far higher than in the US. There are so many "worker protections" that some are useless and are just blocking companies from hiring or even surviving. I want a middle point to, but France is from the other end.

I can't say what it's like in France, but if some regulations are in the same vein as those bullshit blasphemy laws, then yeah, cull those. I am in the U.S., where we're with a deregulation-happy president who's poised to pollute with Scott Pruitt, the creationist global warming denier and that one guy who thinks our air is too clean.

AmericaNumberOne
(post deleted) #94619

Spacey
Posted on 06-30-18 07:35 PM (rev. 2 of 06-30-18 07:36 PM) Link | #94895
Sorry to bump this thread, but I thought it was a pretty neat test thing so I gave it a try. (sorry if the screenshot is a bit borked, firefox's screenshot beta is a tad buggy still)
[image]

RealHeroicGamer
Posted on 07-01-18 12:32 AM Link | #94898
decided to take the test again to see how and if i've changed, and, well...

the results
[thumbnail]

this time around, i also got pragmatism, which reads:

Pragmatism : politics objectively boil down to looking at where the problems are and trying to solve them according to the means available.

so that's new. if i recall i didn't get any extra badge like that last time.

but yeah, that's cool. i've always thought of myself as pretty in-the-middle as a whole, so seeing in what areas i'm left and what areas i'm right in was pretty cool.

Main - Serious discussion - Politiscales New reply

Page rendered in 0.024 seconds. (2048KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 29, rows: 220/220, time: 0.015 seconds.
[powered by Acmlm] Acmlmboard 2.064 (2018-07-20)
© 2005-2008 Acmlm, Xkeeper, blackhole89 et al.