Rules/FAQ | Memberlist | Calendar | Stats | Online users | Last posts | Search
08-20-18 06:59 PM
Guest:

0 users reading Politiscales | 1 bot

Main - Serious discussion - Politiscales New reply

Pages: 1 2
GalacticPirate
Posted on 02-13-18 01:45 AM (rev. 3 of 04-03-18 09:42 AM) Link | #93254
So I was tired of the differences between the definitions of « left » and « right » between each country. Furthermore, nobody is fully black of white. As Staple may know, I’m a full fledged capitalist and support Macron which could be considered a right-wing characteristic, but on the other hand, I support LGBT rights with no limit and am a full-fledged antiracist, and that is more of a left-wing thing. So this test gives you a bunch of scales to know where you are in terms of different characteristics.
http://www.politiscales.net/en_US/
Post your results here!
Here are mine:
http://www.politiscales.net/en_US/results/?j1=38&j0=33&b0=57&b1=17&e1=48&e0=31&t0=5&t1=86&p1=83&c1=31&c0=52&femi=38&s1=7&s0=88&m1=60&m0=14&prag=100
[image]

StapleButter
Posted on 02-13-18 06:51 AM Link | #93255
barp

but you already guessed it.

unrelatedly, I like how the revolution icon is a molotov cocktail

communism

RicBent
Posted on 02-13-18 08:34 AM (rev. 2 of 02-13-18 08:36 AM) Link | #93256

merp

[thumbnail]

Also lol. Same labels as Staple but lamer flag :/

StapleButter
Posted on 02-13-18 08:41 AM Link | #93257
you're not revolutionary enough for the cool flag :P

communism

Nadia
Posted on 02-13-18 09:52 AM Link | #93260

GalacticPirate
Posted on 02-13-18 01:55 PM Link | #93265
Hey, looks like I’m the least left-leaning on the board for now 👀

iyenal
Posted on 02-13-18 01:59 PM (rev. 2 of 02-13-18 01:59 PM) Link | #93266
It seems that I am pretty in the middle for everything, but I think my governement is fair.
[image]
But they ask for too much questions, and some seems strange.

Marionumber1
Posted on 02-13-18 05:41 PM Link | #93271
[image]

RealHeroicGamer
Posted on 02-13-18 07:35 PM Link | #93273
it looks like i'm mostly down the middle, if not then leaning just a bit more to the left
[image]
i don't usually ever partake in political stuff but this was kinda fun tbh

GalacticPirate
Posted on 02-14-18 03:48 AM (rev. 2 of 02-14-18 03:56 AM) Link | #93279
What's funny is that even if Staple is technically part of the ultra-left and I define myself as a radical centrist, we would both be at the same place in USA politics: at the far left :P Sanders is technically center-right, and that's pretty sad there's no leftier politician in the US.

Anyways, my philosophy is that humanist capitalism is possible, as shown with most Scandinavian countries.

Baby Luigi
Posted on 02-15-18 11:21 PM Link | #93296
[image]

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 03-28-18 12:17 AM (rev. 2 of 03-28-18 12:20 AM) Link | #93816
I have to criticize how some of the questions are framed, as I feel they're pretty loaded to make you respond one way or the other. I fear some misrepresent actual positions.

"No one should get rich from owning a business, housing, or land."
See, I don't think anyone has actually argued that people SHOULDN'T be rich. I think this question stems out of critics of income inequality, but it looks like a strawman statement taken from those critics. The "agree" and "disagree" statements don't really allow for nuance, like "I agree with the premise but not the conclusion".

"The categories “women” and “men” are social constructs that should be given up."
Again, I think this is a strawman of the criticism of gender binary. The question here is phrased very weirdly. I think female and male have degrees of social constructs, but biologically, there is male and female so... well... I can't answer it really honestly.

"Hormonal differences can explain some differences in individual characteristics between women and men."
This also sounds like a statement from the Google memo (Google memo is full of shit by the way), but I can't tell what this statement is talking about. It would be great if examples were provided so I can answer with more confidence.

"Abortion should be limited to specific cases."
Also this. What would "absolutely disagree" mean? You can say "Abortion should be limited in all cases" or "abortion should not be limited in any case" and they both would disagree with this statement.

"Transforming ecosystems durably to increase the quality of life of human beings is legitimate."
What does "durably" mean? "Sustainably"?

"Humans should neither eat nor exploit animals."
I think humans should eat animals, but "exploit" is not very well-defined here.

there was a question relating GMOs but I don't know how disagreeing GMOs being restricted is calculated here

anyhow

[image]

Tierage
Posted on 03-28-18 09:21 AM Link | #93817
[thumbnail]

oh jeez
it also told me i'm missionary but i don't care about spreading religion besides my own beliefs but whatever

...Yourself

Baby Luigi
Posted on 03-28-18 03:12 PM Link | #93825
As expected, my twin shares the same views as me but is more extreme than me in general.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 03-30-18 04:10 PM Link | #93876
Posted by Tierage
oh jeez
it also told me i'm missionary but i don't care about spreading religion besides my own beliefs but whatever

seems like you're the most right-wing on the forum

and I've never heard of religions that advocate spreading other religions; you know what they mean when they said "spreading religion". You certainly are caring about spreading religion with the "besides my own beliefs" negation.

Tierage
Posted on 04-03-18 02:01 AM Link | #93937
ah shit I worded that weirdly. I don't know what I meant when I posted that, but regardless I don't want to spread my religious or spiritual beliefs, rather I'd just like to share my beliefs on the world and all, like my views of good and bad.

...Yourself

GalacticPirate
Posted on 04-03-18 07:55 AM (rev. 2 of 04-03-18 09:41 AM) Link | #93942
I'm in the worst situation because I'm not even a centrist stricto sensu (i.e. getting average results on most categories), I'm more like full-blown leftist on some issues, and full-blown rightist on some other. That basically means I get called a rightist by people of the left for advocating capitalism, laissez-faire and free market, and a leftist by people of the right for being progressive, pro-LGBT and feminist, and Internationalist :P

Li'l update:
http://www.politiscales.net/en_US/results/?j1=38&j0=33&b0=57&b1=17&e1=48&e0=31&t0=5&t1=86&p1=83&c1=31&c0=52&femi=38&s1=7&s0=88&m1=60&m0=14&prag=100
[image]

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 04-06-18 06:00 PM Link | #93972
Posted by Tierage
ah shit I worded that weirdly. I don't know what I meant when I posted that, but regardless I don't want to spread my religious or spiritual beliefs, rather I'd just like to share my beliefs on the world and all, like my views of good and bad.

I'm okay with that if this leads to thoughtful conversations and understanding of perspectives between what's acceptable and what's not acceptable. I'm atheist. I'm critical of religion. I don't think I even support spreading it, but I don't support killing it either. I just support critical thinking, understanding logic (and Occam's razor), constant questioning, learning some philosophy. I wish religion can keep the positive components of having a supportive community and positive self-motivation without all the troublesome aspects of it out though.

Posted by GalacticPirate
I'm in the worst situation because I'm not even a centrist stricto sensu (i.e. getting average results on most categories), I'm more like full-blown leftist on some issues, and full-blown rightist on some other. That basically means I get called a rightist by people of the left for advocating capitalism, laissez-faire and free market, and a leftist by people of the right for being progressive, pro-LGBT and feminist, and Internationalist :P

People just paint you as a broad stroke because of some beliefs you have. I say you're more of a libertarian, for individual rights by supporting laissez-faire but also supporting social justice causes. But if you don't think that describes you, then that's okay. You shouldn't live or die by labels.

Swingball
Posted on 04-06-18 06:57 PM Link | #93977
Here’s my Politiscale.

Enjoy.

https://discord.gg/CqMArxq

Baby Luigi
Posted on 04-08-18 12:24 AM Link | #93981
your flag is just orange
Pages: 1 2

Main - Serious discussion - Politiscales New reply

Page rendered in 0.027 seconds. (2048KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 28, rows: 230/230, time: 0.015 seconds.
[powered by Acmlm] Acmlmboard 2.064 (2018-07-20)
© 2005-2008 Acmlm, Xkeeper, blackhole89 et al.