0 users reading Job hunting. Absolute fun. | 1 bot

Main - Serious discussion - Job hunting. Absolute fun. New reply

Pages: 1 2 3
StapleButter
Posted on 09-02-16 04:04 AM Link | #76800
oh hey btw, a reply from Ubisoft, finally

would I finally get somewhere

Dear Herp Derp,

We trashed your application because you have no experience, and fuck you.

To not completely destroy your self-confidence, we automatically inform you that we're keeping your resume and will inform you if we propose job offers that match your profile, but you can keep waiting, that won't happen.

Thank you and goodbye.

Surprise!

Diploma: useless.
Portfolio: useless.

How to gain experience? You don't get hired with no experience... unless it's an internship. Internships can't happen 'alone', outside of a univ/engschool course (or they can, but it's either a) dumb two-month internship at most, or b) illegal internship, huge gate open to abuse). Univ trashed me. It's too late to apply to anything else.

yay

what do you use to measure bolts? a boltmeter

Yami
Posted on 09-02-16 03:19 PM Link | #76826
Note: Once a company says "we will (automatically/manually) inform you in the future when we need you", it will never happen.
I know enough people around the world who got this kind of stuff a zillion times, during the last 10 years, and this promise never came true.

StapleButter
Posted on 09-22-16 11:29 AM Link | #77796
heh.

anyway, status update, let's see how all my attempts are going so far:

* MediaRewards: some site I had signed up to. they send you missions that consist into rating and describing shops/etc, you get money for it. I have never received a mission since then.

* Take Eat Easy: registered, never received the confirmation email. later found out that I stepped in dead startup wasteland.

* univ job offer: moving shit around etc. they just sent me an email to let me know that, surprise, they trashed me.

* civil service mission I applied to two weeks ago: got an email asking for resume/motivational letter. sent both. I'll surely get trashed, but... there's hope? in the meantime I can apply to more civil service missions.

* sushi restaurant/shop: dropped a resume there. will call next week if I get no info.

* resumes dropped in various shops of the local mall: got nowhere.

MusiMasta
Posted on 09-22-16 09:52 PM Link | #77814
You seem desperate now. Are you a cook or have knowledge of cooking stuff at all? You won't get accepted if you have no knowledge in the field whatsoever. Try to aim for fields that you actually have experience in, because you're more likely to get accepted into fields you have experience in.

salty
Posted on 09-22-16 10:23 PM Link | #77817
I assume he will be a waiter or cashier or something of the similar.

MusiMasta
Posted on 09-23-16 12:15 AM Link | #77822
That's a minimum wage job, however. It's virtually impossible to make a living upon that. Hopefully that plan is for a temporary job in place for finding a "real" job.

gridatttack
Posted on 09-23-16 12:36 AM Link | #77823
Actually, depending on the country and region, as a waiter you can net a considerable amount of money via tips :P

Dunno how expensive is to live on france though.

StapleButter
Posted on 09-23-16 05:15 AM Link | #77826
Well, those kind of jobs I'm applying for don't really require experience, so I have chances.

To give you an idea, the experience scale for dev/IT jobs:

* 0mo - 6mo: no experience. go fuck yourself.
* 6mo - 2y: junior. few corresponding job offers, so good luck.
* 2y and more: experienced.

And there's even a point where you're considered too ancient or too experienced.

I fail to see how applying to the kind of jobs I'm applying to, means I'm 'desperate', especially from someone who hasn't had to look for a job yet. You'll see, it's harder than it looks like.

Those jobs are only a temporary solution anyway. I kind of need money to survive. And I need time to decide what I want to do next.

I can live with less than 250€/mo, not counting rent and 'unneeded' spendings.

MusiMasta
Posted on 09-23-16 11:06 AM (rev. 2 of 09-23-16 11:06 AM) Link | #77838
Also, online sites are mostly lies and trash. Only a handful actually work, for example, Swagbucks. I've tried it before, it's legit, pays with PayPal, and you can do surveys, listen to a radio, watch videos, and make a decent amount of side cash on it. It's.not available in France, but you can probably just lie and say you're from the U.S. and to make sure your prizes are paid electronically than mailed to you. If you don't hate Bing, there's that too.

And err...hmm...maybe you could try interning while you work at a restaurant (if you get accepted, it would give you the money to live) and so after half a year you've got some.experience and can then apply for an IT job.

Pages: 1 2 3

Main - Serious discussion - Job hunting. Absolute fun. New reply

Page rendered in 0.020 seconds. (2048KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 28, rows: 208/208, time: 0.013 seconds.
[powered by Acmlm] Acmlmboard 2.064 (2017-11-20)
© 2005-2008 Acmlm, Xkeeper, blackhole89 et al.