Views: 8,543,228 Home | Forums | Uploader | Wiki | Object databases | IRC
Rules/FAQ | Memberlist | Calendar | Stats | Online users | Last posts | Search
06-25-18 09:19 AM
Guest:

0 users reading I think that the time as come. | 1 bot

Main - Serious discussion - I think that the time as come. New reply

shibboleet
Posted on 08-18-16 07:42 PM Link | #76258
Recently I've been losing more and more motivation to do anything hacking related. It's been a downfall ever since a few months ago, so I have sat down with myself and thought about it for a while, and I have made my choice. I am officially resigning from here and other hacking scenes, and moving on.

I noticed that projects I have started and are attending are holding back my time when it shouldn't. College will take up 3/4ths of my schedule and my time, along with a job. But something else I am concerned is my relationship. I need as much time as possible since we're attending 2 different schools.

Now I don't want anything holding me back anymore. I want to venture out to the real world and see what I can do with what I have learned out of my years on these forums and other forums. I 'grew up' while attending these forums, I have learned valuable lessons from these forums, and most of all, I have matured (kinda, I'm not as stupid and annoying as I was in 2011) here along with others, as the 2.5 members moved on to real life. I will begin joining them as well in my adventures.

Another thing is that administrating places and moderating places is very stressful on me. It may not bother others, but I bothers me when I have to correct someone or ban someone for any reason (as long as it isn't completely pathetic, like spammers and such) because I always think too hard about things. I lash out in anger at the dumbest shit and I end up regretting it later, but I usually don't apologies publicly (I usually do it in private) because I would be viewed as "weak" and "fragile" and "easy to manipulate". All of this combined into one causes me to become even more stressed about situations, and especially if I make a wrong choice. So if I ever was a dick, asshole, burden, or annoyance, I apologize. I want to leave peacefully and calmly, so no negative force is left.

But I'm laying back and thinking about the past here. I remember when Whitehole was announced, I remember when we worked hard to get a trailer for 2.5 out, I remember finding about what I love: figuring out how games, computers, and code work. It's always a passion of mine to datamine things, figure out how they work, how they're controlled, and more. So bringing these odd (8-9?) years of hacking games, an era ends. But I'm not crushed and depressed about it, I'm heading off to college, a new era of learning and experience, to learn more about what I've always loved: computers and technology.

I wish the best for all of you guys, and I hope you all have a pleasant future. I hope to see some of you again down the road. :)

~MrRean

MK7tester
Posted on 08-18-16 07:50 PM Link | #76259
Big words.

Good luck in the real world. I'm still in my final years of regular High School, and i'm still single lol, so i'll probably be doing more hacking.

poudink
Posted on 08-18-16 07:54 PM (rev. 2 of 08-18-16 07:57 PM) Link | #76260
I really didn't expect that :P What will happen to your boards tho?

[insert quote here]

StapleButter
Posted on 08-18-16 08:00 PM (rev. 2 of 08-18-16 08:01 PM) Link | #76261
RVLution and RHCafe will lose any hope of being run by a good admin. Whatever. Real life is more fulfilling than dealing with these internet communities.

And not like RVLution could be saved, anyway. I'm a bit more sad for RHCafe tho, but oh well.

Kuribo64 will keep going until it dies completely, because I have grown attached to this board.

I want to focus more on real life eventually. Things aren't progressing fast though.

what do you use to measure bolts? a boltmeter

SunakazeKun
Posted on 08-18-16 08:02 PM Link | #76262
Hmm, a few days ago, I had the feeling that you were moving away from modding games. But it seems like you showed some interest into 3DL hacking yesterday, so this is a little bit surprising. Like Mk7tester said, I wish you good luck with your new challenges.

Posted by MrRean
So if I ever was a dick, asshole, burden, or annoyance, I apologize. I want to leave peacefully and calmly, so no negative force is left.

Yep, that's good to hear.

Youtube | Github | Neo Mario Galaxy | Super Mario Galaxy & Super Mario 3D Land Modding

Degolegodyl
Posted on 08-18-16 10:45 PM Link | #76269
GL with college. Yea its tough to handle all the homework and if you have a job you'll have even less time. I'd say that you using up 3/4's of your time is underestimating it, I found that 3/4's is only if you do school, if you have a job, you'll have nothing left (assuming you have a healthy sleep schedule and you take relatively many/tough courses).

salty
Posted on 08-19-16 09:48 AM Link | #76290
MrRean, *sigh*, you were a good guy, I wish you good luck in your endeavors and such!

i don't think you know, but i realized something..

RITSU IS FROM K-ON I JUST REALIZED BUT YUE IS BEST GIRL

later MrRean, hope you do good :D

"This signature has been officially changed by Nintendo. Please visit our site for unique deals, games, and more! Please check StapleButter's recent announcement for more info on why this signature has been changed."

Izmirnator
Posted on 08-19-16 04:33 PM Link | #76303
Goodbye MrRean. I wish you all the best for your future and you will succeed.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 08-19-16 05:40 PM Link | #76308
Hope you succeed in college and get out and inspire people. Still, it wouldn't hurt to return and pay a brief visit.

Baby Luigi
Posted on 08-19-16 05:41 PM Link | #76309
I wish you good luck in your endeavors, sir.

*salutes*

shibboleet
Posted on 08-19-16 06:00 PM (rev. 4 of 08-19-16 06:07 PM) Link | #76312
I need to sit back and think. I thought about it more, and I don't know what to do right now. there's a lot of "What ifs" in this situation. What if it's the moderation part? All of that responsibility? I'm not very sure what exactly is triggering this stress. I don't want to just dump it and run away from the thing responsible. I tried to learn to deal with it, but that just made it worse.

So what if I just lay low for a while but still hack, but not be on forums and IRC all the damn time? I don't mean to say "LOL NEVERMIND IM COMING BACK". This is a very tough choice to make, and I sorta don't want to run away.

You see, moderation can be stressful. Always being evaluated, always being active, and always giving input. It's a large responsibility to take, so maybe I was thinking that all of that can't be piled on me during college, so I just dump moderation and forums so I don't have to deal with people.

That's not right in my eyes. Maybe the best thing to do is to stop visiting forums and just lay very low on IRC with NewerU and NSMBU hax and not participate in forums and just keep silent and let everybody else handle announcements.

StapleButter
Posted on 08-19-16 06:08 PM Link | #76313
as long as you get involved in something 'big' or something other than daily chatter, you'll be 'important' to some people. in that position, your actions matter.

I have probably trashed my reputation around RVLution by now :P

shibboleet
Posted on 08-19-16 06:10 PM Link | #76314
Posted by StapleButter
as long as you get involved in something 'big' or something other than daily chatter, you'll be 'important' to some people. in that position, your actions matter.

I have probably trashed my reputation around RVLution by now :P

I'll have to see how well I'll do without having to moderate anything, then maybe I can get a nice visual on what i can handle with all of the college shit.

StapleButter
Posted on 08-19-16 06:11 PM Link | #76315
know what you want to do in life. give priority to that, and not to silly internet boards. :P

JakoNintenCraft
Posted on 08-19-16 06:15 PM Link | #76317
Do your thing man. And if things don't work out, you still have us to go to.
It's been a great time having you here.

PS: Sorry for PM-ing you so much. There wasn't a place to post SMG questions and I thought you were still into SMG.

You're inside a simulation, of a simulation, inside a simulation, of a simulation, inside the Matrix, inside a taco, inside a taco, within a Taco Bell, that's inside a KFC, within a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR BRAIN!; inside another giant simulation!

gridatttack
Posted on 08-19-16 06:18 PM Link | #76318
Posted by MrRean
I need to sit back and think. I thought about it more, and I don't know what to do right now. there's a lot of "What ifs" in this situation. What if it's the moderation part? All of that responsibility? I'm not very sure what exactly is triggering this stress.

If I may, I wonder, could it perhaps be because you're a mod on a lot of places?
I agree on the parts you mentioned regarding being a mod (especially as an admin)

It seems you tried to handle more than you could? I always wondered how could you be mod here, rvlution, SMWC, NSMBHD, and probably other places, and even having a couple of boards to watch and not to mention IRC. That must be really stressful having to watch over, especially with the points you mentioned on the first post.

It's a large responsibility to take, so maybe I was thinking that all of that can't be piled on me during college, so I just dump moderation and forums so I don't have to deal with people.

That's not right in my eyes. Maybe the best thing to do is to stop visiting forums and just lay very low on IRC with NewerU and NSMBU hax and not participate in forums and just keep silent and let everybody else handle announcements.

Don't look it that way. I'm sure you can manage if you know your limits. Some of the boards I mentioned are pretty big, so managing them must be stressful (like rvlution).

You could always visit the forums as a normal user would do. I feel that being a mod on many places is holding you down. There's nothing wrong in resigning if you feel moderating is damaging you, as in don't let something pin you down and prevent you from going further.

As SB said, give priority to college and the more important things in life, rather than some internet forums. I understand if you want to go now, because this type of event needs to be thought over so you can come to a good decision.

TheSpeedyMouse
Posted on 08-19-16 07:36 PM Link | #76319
I hope college and everything else goes well! We'll miss you, but life is more important. Of course if you decide you want hacking to be a part of your life every once in a while then go ahead. If not, or whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy it. :)

Stygmax
Posted on 08-23-16 01:37 PM Link | #76393
You've always been an amazing friend to me. Best of luck—you're a capable person and that shows in all aspects of life.
Status: It was really, really fun, guys - thanks for the ride!

shibboleet
Posted on 08-24-16 11:52 AM Link | #76428
Posted by gridatttack
If I may, I wonder, could it perhaps be because you're a mod on a lot of places?
I agree on the parts you mentioned regarding being a mod (especially as an admin)

It seems you tried to handle more than you could? I always wondered how could you be mod here, rvlution, SMWC, NSMBHD, and probably other places, and even having a couple of boards to watch and not to mention IRC. That must be really stressful having to watch over, especially with the points you mentioned on the first post.

Don't look it that way. I'm sure you can manage if you know your limits. Some of the boards I mentioned are pretty big, so managing them must be stressful (like rvlution).

You could always visit the forums as a normal user would do. I feel that being a mod on many places is holding you down. There's nothing wrong in resigning if you feel moderating is damaging you, as in don't let something pin you down and prevent you from going further.

As SB said, give priority to college and the more important things in life, rather than some internet forums. I understand if you want to go now, because this type of event needs to be thought over so you can come to a good decision.

after a few days of taking off of a bunch of places, I feel great. So yeah, that's probably what it was.

SuperMario64DS
Posted on 08-24-16 10:02 PM Link | #76453
I've never really done anything around here other than chat. Back when I quit the Mario Kart stuff I still took time to hang around, see what's up, and keep up with people. No matter what you decide to do, you always have the option to talk around here, do a little work, etc.

You're one of the few SMG2.5 "originals" I still see come around here, so it would be tragic to lose you. I can't live alone.

Main - Serious discussion - I think that the time as come. New reply

Page rendered in 0.026 seconds. (2048KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 29, rows: 232/232, time: 0.014 seconds.
[powered by Acmlm] Acmlmboard 2.064 (2017-11-20)
© 2005-2008 Acmlm, Xkeeper, blackhole89 et al.