-fiverpost™
[image]

StapleButter
Posted on 07-24-16 06:13 PM Link | #74631
the Crusades

what do you use to measure bolts? a boltmeter

fiver
Posted on 07-24-16 06:14 PM Link | #74632
Crusades =/= one individual, though, and i will admit, the crusades had a ton of holes in it

btw, i was ninja'd by Tahcryon's post before
-fiverpost™
[image]

StapleButter
Posted on 07-24-16 06:15 PM Link | #74634
the quantity doesn't matter.

MusiMasta
Posted on 07-24-16 06:17 PM (rev. 2 of 07-24-16 06:17 PM) Link | #74637
There are actually a lot more than just the Crusades. Heard of the Orlando nightclub attack? Paris attacks maybe (at least StapleButter would know)? And sadly, actually they seem to get worse and worse and more often...

Maybe you should read some news fiver. xD

Degolegodyl
Posted on 07-24-16 06:19 PM Link | #74638
Posted by xkitten
uh

that had nothing to do with christianity, though

All the people that died in the Americas by the colonizers
All the people that died in the cruzades
All the people that were displaced and killed by the inquisition
All the people that died in the holocaust

Christian people killed a lot, a lot of people. All I can think of is the Jews getting the receiving end of this shit most of the time.

fiver
Posted on 07-24-16 06:20 PM Link | #74639
Uhh, the paris attacks and orlando nightclub shootings had nothing to do with christianity. SO that does not apply to the ten commandments, it applies to whatever Muslim law, but i'm pretty sure it's wrong in Islam as well. and if it isn't, shame on them
-fiverpost™
[image]

Marionumber1
Posted on 07-24-16 06:20 PM Link | #74640
Posted by xkitten
killing in the name of God?

wait, do you have any instances of an individual doing this? because that's, er, y'know. hypocritical.

Murdering doctors at abortion clinics (which is often done based on religious beliefs).

fiver
Posted on 07-24-16 06:21 PM Link | #74642
all I have to say is i don't condone shit like that.

i can't speak for others, though. the religion itself doesn't deserve flame for what people do, especially if the religion doesn't condone it.
-fiverpost™
[image]

Tahcryon
Posted on 07-24-16 06:23 PM Link | #74643
Posted by xkitten

i can't speak for others, though. the religion itself doesn't deserve flame for what people do, especially if the religion doesn't condone it.

Tell that to Donald Trump supporters, who once proposed to ban Muslims from the US, iirc.

[04/15/2018]gridatttack: I still think the whole smg2.5 team are still in middle school lol
[04/15/2018]gridatttack: and they are 14yrs old

cosmological: There's no one in Russia who doesn't agree with Putin, probably because his ideas are that great

fiver
Posted on 07-24-16 06:25 PM Link | #74644
yeah, donald trump says some dumb stuff sometimes, but i'd prefer him over the other choices

but this isn't really a political thread so I don't want to get into that
-fiverpost™
[image]

MusiMasta
Posted on 07-24-16 06:26 PM Link | #74645
Posted by xkitten
Uhh, the paris attacks and orlando nightclub shootings had nothing to do with christianity. SO that does not apply to the ten commandments, it applies to whatever Muslim law, but i'm pretty sure it's wrong in Islam as well. and if it isn't, shame on them

Uhh...what. I actually read a paper newspaper, and it said the guy (who was Muslim) was interviewed by police and when they asked for his real name, he said something like I KILLED THEM IN THE NAME OF GOD in his language. They asked again, he gave the same answer, and although this is Islam, still, it applies to God, and no, their religion doesn't allow killing in the name of god either. Same as with the Paris attacks.

And

Posted by Degolegodyl
All the people that died in the Americas by the colonizers
All the people that died in the cruzades
All the people that were displaced and killed by the inquisition
All the people that died in the holocaust

Christian people killed a lot, a lot of people. All I can think of is the Jews getting the receiving end of this shit most of the time.

Well...
just colonization? People in the past killed everywhere they go. Neanderthals (an early human species) were wiped out by Homo sapiens as they came into Europe. Wars to get more territory, right?

Posted by Tahcryon
Tell that to Donald Trump supporters, who once proposed to ban Muslims from the US, iirc.

And banning Muslims from the US, that's just one of his crazy stuff. He can't actually do that once in office. :P

Tahcryon
Posted on 07-24-16 06:28 PM Link | #74646
Posted by MusiMasta
And banning Muslims from the US, that's just one of his crazy stuff. He can't actually do that once in office. :P

It's the thought that counts. The mere fact that that opinion resonated with some people is insane and shows how intolerant some people have become.

[04/15/2018]gridatttack: I still think the whole smg2.5 team are still in middle school lol

cosmological: There's no one in Russia who doesn't agree with Putin, probably because his ideas are that great

StapleButter
Posted on 07-24-16 06:30 PM Link | #74647
ban everybody from the US. that's the solution to all the problems! Violence, pollution, unemployment rates, poverty, bad economy... all gone!

anyway, that kind of shit arises because some people are sick of the ISIS attacks, and think that banning anything remotely Muslim will solve the problem.

The solution always lies between two extremes. But not at an extreme.

MusiMasta
Posted on 07-24-16 06:31 PM (rev. 2 of 07-24-16 06:34 PM) Link | #74648
Posted by Tahcryon
It's the thought that counts. The mere fact that that opinion resonated with some people is insane and shows how intolerant some people have become.

Yeah, hopefully people don't actually start siding with these insane remarks. It's quite scary how when Donald makes a random remark like that, his popularity skyrockets. But yeah, it's quite hard, the Senate has to actually agree to the decision and if this actually happens, there'll be so many more shootings, ugh.

Posted by StapleButter
ban everybody from the US. that's the solution to all the problems! Violence, pollution, unemployment rates, poverty, bad economy... all gone!

anyway, that kind of shit arises because some people are sick of the ISIS attacks, and think that banning anything remotely Muslim will solve the problem.

The solution always lies between two extremes. But not at an extreme.

And something quite interesting...although we think that the ISIS group have radical beliefs, they think we do...

fiver
Posted on 07-24-16 06:34 PM Link | #74649
Posted by MusiMasta
think ISIS have radical beliefs

wrong. the correct word would be "know".

anyway, how would it cause more shootings...?
-fiverpost™
[image]

MusiMasta
Posted on 07-24-16 06:35 PM Link | #74650
oops, know, would be better word choice.

because the muslims forced to leave the country would be enraged, and then they would try to do something/anything about the matter.

Tahcryon
Posted on 07-24-16 06:35 PM Link | #74651
Posted by xkitten
wrong. the correct word would be "know".

anyway, how would it cause more shootings...?

1.5~ billion people were just banned from the country. do you think people will just take that shit and sit quietly?

Marionumber1
Posted on 07-24-16 06:45 PM Link | #74653
Posted by xkitten

Yes, it does deserve blame. When people are taught the beliefs as the ultimate truth of an all-powerful being, and the being itself frequently kills humans that don't follow its decrees, of course killing in the name of religion will happen.

fiver
Posted on 07-24-16 06:46 PM Link | #74654
haha

but more shootings would be hurting their cause more than anything, though? peaceful protests would be the correct way to get access back to the country.

not that anyone should ever consider banning a religion/race/group of people from a country, though, unless it's some dangerous cult or something
-fiverpost™
[image]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 14

Main - Serious discussion - What are your beliefs? New reply

Page rendered in 0.043 seconds. (2048KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 30, rows: 232/232, time: 0.026 seconds.
[powered by Acmlm] Acmlmboard 2.064 (2017-11-20)
© 2005-2008 Acmlm, Xkeeper, blackhole89 et al.