Views: 11,099,832 Home | Forums | Uploader | Wiki | Object databases | IRC
Rules/FAQ | Memberlist | Calendar | Stats | Online users | Last posts | Search
08-09-20 11:21 AM
Guest:

0 users reading Freezeflame Galaxy over Bob-omb Battlefield | 1 bot

Main - SM64DS hacks - Freezeflame Galaxy over Bob-omb Battlefield New reply

FallenLogic
Posted on 07-03-20 03:22 PM Link | #99277
This is more of a cosmetic hack than anything, since there are no drastic changes to the game aside from the Freezeflame Galaxy Ice Planet replacing Bob-omb Battlefield. The first star is climbing to the top of the mountain, the 2nd is for collecting red coins, and I haven't figured out the rest yet. Have some screenshots (ignore the broken minimap)!

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

The "launch star" is actually just a quad above a warp, so jumping through it sends the player to another area. I ran into a problem near the end of the 1st star, since I can't figure out the CLPS for a wall-jumpable surface (I even copied some from the "Castle Grounds" level), but everything else seems to be in working order.

- FallenLogic

Arisotura
Posted on 07-03-20 03:40 PM Link | #99278
I find that to be a neat replica of the original level, given the DS limitations

zafkflzdasd

The Best NSMB
Posted on 07-04-20 10:06 PM (rev. 2 of 07-04-20 11:26 PM) Link | #99282
hey there, pretty darn nice freezeflame model. RedPoisonDragon (a friend of mine) is leading production for a galaxy ds romhack, and he wants to know if you'd wanna join the team for it, or at least contribute something to it. (he's actually making a decent amount of progress btw).

FallenLogic
Posted on 07-04-20 11:54 PM Link | #99285
Yeah, I'd love to join or at least contribute something to the project! I've been following it on Discord for a bit, saw it mentioned in a Tetrabits video.

I've been doing quite a bit of freelance work recently, so I'll be working in between that, but just let me know what I can do to help, since Super Mario Galaxy on DS has been a dream for so many people for a long time now.

FallenLogic
Posted on 07-08-20 04:49 PM Link | #99310
I've joined the Galaxy DS project, and I have created a nearly 1:1 replica of the original level:
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

It's also now over Snowman's Land since the freezing water is hardcoded. I'm tidying some things up, and then Freezeflame Galaxy's Ice Mountain Planet should be done.

Main - SM64DS hacks - Freezeflame Galaxy over Bob-omb Battlefield New reply

Page rendered in 0.029 seconds. (2048KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 27, rows: 205/205, time: 0.024 seconds.
[powered by Acmlm] Acmlmboard 2.064 (2018-07-20)
© 2005-2008 Acmlm, Xkeeper, blackhole89 et al.