Posted by gridatttackWhy not sort them by power level?
- Normal users: Blue, Pink, Purple.
- Local Moderators: Pale blue, Light Pink, Soft Red.
- Global Moderators: Light Green, Violet, Green.
- Admins: Light Yellow, Magenta, Yellow.
- Root: Mild Blue, Mild Pink, Mild Purple.
Or you could just put the hex notation.
How about a mix for both? Like having the color mildly customizable (within a range of colors depending which base color you pick, dunno if it's feasible)
I'm against completely free color pick (it defeats the point in having colors in the first place) but I'm not against mild customization.
I was not too fond of the per-gender color, but I do like having my name pink AND my gender set to female.
Regardless, the simplest solution for this is to outright replace "gender" by "name color".