Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
What choice, Liberalism, Conservatism or some other Ideology
Liberalism
40.9% (9)
Conservatism
27.3% (6)
Other (choose this and then explain)
31.8% (7)
Multiple voting is not allowed. Changing your vote is allowed. 22 users have voted so far.

Baby Luigi
Posted on 09-18-17 03:41 PM Link | #88745
I think libertarians are nutty in some areas so I think it's far from the best political position.

NokNokShell
Posted on 09-18-17 03:42 PM Link | #88747
Shuddap, already. It's my opinion and anyone cannot disturb it.

StapleButter
Posted on 09-18-17 03:45 PM Link | #88748
hey folks, keep it civil pls

communism

NokNokShell
Posted on 09-18-17 03:46 PM Link | #88749
Hey, staple, can you prepare room?

StapleButter
Posted on 09-18-17 03:46 PM Link | #88750
what

communism

Baby Luigi
Posted on 09-18-17 03:46 PM (rev. 2 of 09-18-17 03:46 PM) Link | #88751
I like libertarian views on some areas though, like pro-vaccination (I find it strange that they are pro-vax, though, since typically, their views are ones that favor people, individual freedom, and less the government). A lot of other areas, though, I find it wacky.

NokNokShell
Posted on 09-18-17 03:47 PM Link | #88753
Posted by StapleButter
what

Room for iyenal in hotel, no 401

StapleButter
Posted on 09-18-17 03:47 PM Link | #88754
this is the wrong thread for this, NokNokShell

communism

Swingball
Posted on 09-18-17 04:52 PM Link | #88766
Should most of us go with the most balanced party in US?

What would happen if we didn't have a representation system?

https://discord.gg/CqMArxq

JakoNintenCraft
Posted on 09-18-17 05:27 PM Link | #88768
Posted by Swingball
What would happen if we didn't have a representation system?

Exactly what has happened in every other society without a representaion system: one person would sieze power and human rights would go down the sewer.

You're inside a simulation, of a simulation, inside a simulation, of a simulation, inside the Matrix, inside a taco, inside a taco, within a Taco Bell, that's inside a KFC, within a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR BRAIN!; inside another giant simulation!

Swingball
Posted on 09-18-17 06:38 PM Link | #88774
Posted by Swingball

Baby Luigi
Posted on 09-18-17 08:38 PM Link | #88793
Posted by JakoNintenCraft
Exactly what has happened in every other society without a representaion system: one person would sieze power and human rights would go down the sewer.

Not necessarily. Tyrants and dictators back in the Classical era were actually quite popular people (they were called tyrants because they wielded a lot of power and influence, not necessarily to be oppressive. And to be frank, the monarchy system where poor people practically had no voice, powered by wealthy elites and aristocrats worked fairly well during periods of stable times where ruling powers and governments kept people in check, especially those prior to the Enlightenment and Scientific Revolution. I think it's thanks to the advent of the printing press, the establishment of education systems, and the formation of far more complex societies where people got pretty tired of their governments' schtick and status quo without them having a voice in it, hence why democracy is now the preferred choice of government.

Not even all democracies work out well. People still rig elections and shit in countries where government isn't as strong and a bunch of crap is happening, so even with a representational government, if it's not executed well, you'll end up being stick with a corrupt, power-hungry egotistical moron *looks at our US government*

Swingball
Posted on 09-18-17 08:47 PM Link | #88797
Doesn't that go for every single world government?

Baby Luigi
Posted on 09-18-17 08:53 PM Link | #88799
Yeah, pretty much. Execution is what matters, and if you've got people willing to help out everyone rather than pursue selfish agendas at the expense of the majority class. Though I don't think we've had a single communist government that worked out splendidly at all, aside from maybe the USSR and China, and for one, the former collapsed, and the latter, while an industrial powerhouse, had to introduce a lot of capitalistic elements to its system and suffers from widespread poverty despite its economic potential to be the second superpower.

At this rate, though, despite being powerful, the US government is currently being a total circus right now, with us being the only government who refused to sign the Paris Accords and so much other embarrassing acts to foreigners.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 09-18-17 09:15 PM Link | #88804
Posted by Swingball

Define "balanced".

And no, "balance" is not always the best choice.

There is a "right" and a "wrong" in some issues and that's global warming and vaccination.

Baby Luigi
Posted on 09-18-17 09:16 PM Link | #88807
I think by being "balanced" I think in terms of not too extreme in one side. I feel like both parties in the US are right-leaning parties: there are no left ones aside from the minor ones like the Green Party which don't have a shadow of a chance of winning anything anyway.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 09-18-17 09:26 PM Link | #88814
Yeah, we need true left-wing parties, not a conservative corporate sell-out vs a far-right reactionary corporate sell-out.

Swingball
Posted on 09-18-17 10:24 PM Link | #88849
Then it's just down to choosing the least evil party in US right?

If so, what would it be?

Or are all parties just a game?

Baby Luigi
Posted on 09-18-17 10:27 PM Link | #88850
It boils down to "voting for the least evil party who actually has potential to wield power" pretty much. In this case, it's the Democrats, but I really hate their chummy attitude towards corporations, like Hilary Clinton is, or Obama supporting a lot of drone strikes and appointing corporate members towards the White House.

But despite Obama's multitude of problems, man do I miss him so much. Thank you so much Trump, for making me appreciate Obama more in hindsight.

Swingball
Posted on 09-18-17 10:56 PM Link | #88851
Is there maybe another third party that's even less evil by any chance?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Main - Serious discussion - Liberalism vs. Conservatism New reply

Page rendered in 0.032 seconds. (2048KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 28, rows: 232/232, time: 0.019 seconds.
[powered by Acmlm] Acmlmboard 2.064 (2018-07-20)
© 2005-2008 Acmlm, Xkeeper, blackhole89 et al.