Rules/FAQ | Memberlist | Calendar | Stats | Online users | Last posts | Search
04-22-18 09:58 PM
Guest:

0 users reading Donald Trump has crossed the line. | 1 bot

Main - Serious discussion - Donald Trump has crossed the line. New reply

Pages: 1 2
SuperML
Posted on 05-31-17 09:16 AM Link | #83399
https://www.axios.com/scoop-trump-is-pulling-u-s-out-of-paris-climate-deal-2427773025.html

Donald Trump is reportedly pulling out of the Paris agreement, a vital component to countering global warming (Which is 100% real. You know who I'm talking to). I always hated Trump, but this makes it worse. Trump is a horrible, racist, idiotic human being, who needs to be impeached and thrown out of office.

"To feel sadness is to live, but as long as you are alive, the future is a blank page." -Merlon, 2007

Go check out my hack!
http://kuribo64.net/board/thread.php?id=3122

StapleButter
Posted on 05-31-17 09:54 AM (rev. 2 of 05-31-17 09:55 AM) Link | #83400
yeah, I heard his covfefe is really bad

more seriously, this isn't so much a good thing, but honestly, it's not like Trump is going to be suddenly responsible for wrecking the Earth's climate. we are already doing so everyday by driving our gasoline-powered cars and consuming electricity produced by coal power plants. (I don't consider that 'we the people' are responsible though, but rather, the system that continues to feed those industries and forces us to consume what they produce with no alternative)

the Paris climate deal is meaningless. it only serves to calm down the masses, or atleast those who worry about our planet. there is no way the 1.5°C limit (or even 2°C) will be respected without a massive revolution, and even then it's not guaranteed at all.

text doesn't counter global warming. action does.

what do you use to measure bolts? a boltmeter

SuperML
Posted on 05-31-17 10:00 AM Link | #83401
Yeah, you're right. The best step to counter global warming is to tone down all these polluting activities, but unfortunately, the world relies on these activities extensively, so I don't think there's gonna be change soon.

"To feel sadness is to live, but as long as you are alive, the future is a blank page." -Merlon, 2007

Go check out my hack!

StapleButter
Posted on 05-31-17 10:20 AM Link | #83402
it's not much that the world relies on it.

there are ways you can travel without a car, but depending on what you want, they can be less convenient or not an option.

there are several ways to exploit clean and renewable energy.

etc.

but big oil wants to continue selling oil, you can guess. they will keep doing so at all costs until the supplies run dry, because profit is all that matters.

a government is mostly powerless against the global system. it can choose to make things easier or slightly harder for industry, but that's about it. the president is mostly a pawn.

actually, the State isn't really what a lot of people think it is. the State mostly serves as an interface between the people and the capitalist system.

the current system relies on all forms of transportation because it's fucking downright absurd. we end up buying our food from remote countries instead of growing it locally like our ancestors have always been doing, because of the capitalist dictatorship -- offer the lowest prices and you win, even if you destroy whole ecosystems and rape the exploited Chinese kids that you employ.

Marionumber1
Posted on 05-31-17 11:57 AM Link | #83403
Posted by SuperML
who needs to be impeached and thrown out of office.

If this were even feasible, we'd get Mike Pence as president, who's even worse on policy issues and can more effectively put them into place.

SuperML
Posted on 05-31-17 12:02 PM Link | #83404
Mike Pence is worse, huh? Didn't know that. So I guess Trump shouldn't be impeached. :P

Go check out my hack!

GalacticPirate
Posted on 06-01-17 08:05 AM Link | #83415
Yeah, actually I read some time ago an article about global warming in Science&Vie. Basically, to limit GW to only +1.5°C in 2100, we would need negative CO2 emissions. LMAO. That won't happen.

StapleButter
Posted on 06-01-17 08:26 AM Link | #83417
hell, at this point, +1.5°C in 2100 is optimistic.

it's said that methane concentration in the air is increasing rapidly too, and methane is a much worse greenhouse gas than CO2.

permafrost holds a ton of CO2 and methane that got trapped in there eons ago. when it melts due to global warming, the gases are released, in turn causing more global warming, and so on.

all in all, pretty dire.

GalacticPirate
Posted on 06-01-17 04:48 PM Link | #83432
So yeah. Now IMO, Trump = Hitler. I call that mass genocide. Hundreds of Thousands of people will die because a fucking ass with a 5-yo brain took the worst decision ever. Fuck you, Donald J. Trump. May you die by the worst way possible.

poudink
Posted on 06-01-17 04:53 PM Link | #83434
I know Trump is really bad, but I think you're going a bit too far.

[insert quote here]

GalacticPirate
Posted on 06-01-17 04:56 PM Link | #83437
I'm only thinking in terms of future. Basically, global warming is already causing people to be moved or die right now (see that cyclone in Bangladesh). If the USA say "fuck you, CO2 rulez", the GW will still be there and that will happen. Plus there are countries who signed Paris agreements only because Obama did.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 06-01-17 05:30 PM (rev. 2 of 06-01-17 05:30 PM) Link | #83443
Posted by StapleButter
the Paris climate deal is meaningless. it only serves to calm down the masses, or atleast those who worry about our planet. there is no way the 1.5°C limit (or even 2°C) will be respected without a massive revolution, and even then it's not guaranteed at all.

it might be the reason Nicaragua is opting out.

Syria, meanwhile, is fighting itself.

Those are the two other countries who opted out of it, and both have more valid reasons than Trump's "screw the scientists".

Once global warming continues and continues killing people, blood will be on Trump's hands.

GalacticPirate I don't normally wish violence for other people, but I hope the history books in the future kick his ass. I also wish that the hurricanes and floods wash out his goddamn golf resorts and only that and maybe the property of those like Scott Pruitt and Steve Bannon.

GalacticPirate
Posted on 06-01-17 05:32 PM Link | #83445
The worst is that he lied all along is speech, saying 'Europe and China don't have to do anything, America will become poor because of that' etc. And, indeed, Nicaragua opted out because they want to go much farther in the agreement :P

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 06-01-17 05:35 PM Link | #83448
Lying, more like he says things people want to hear rather than listen to the alarmed experts and pretty much everyone else outside his little circle.

"It's okay, it's not really happening. I'll create some jobs for you because magic lol. Now, let's go in a deep sleep and pretend everything goes away."

America's going to struggle BECAUSE of this move. There are going to penalties for moving out of this agreement, and we're going to pay for it, pay for the consequences of global warming, and pay for tarnished relations with other countries.

Yami
Posted on 06-02-17 12:10 AM (rev. 2 of 06-02-17 12:11 AM) Link | #83453
Posted by StarTrekVoyager
So yeah. Now IMO, Trump = Hitler.

I'm so getting tired of all those "Person X = Hitler" comparisons...
The irony is, those who compare anyone to Hitler usually have no clue on what Hitler really was like, what he really did, etc., and are mostly left-wing supporters.

For your information: Hitler was far left.

StapleButter
Posted on 06-02-17 03:12 AM Link | #83456
nationalism is generally a far-Right thing

far-Right parties also like pretending to be for "the people".

Hitler was batshit insane. Trump is incompetent.

Marionumber1
Posted on 06-02-17 08:48 AM (rev. 2 of 06-02-17 08:49 AM) Link | #83467
Yeah, there's no way Hitler was "far left", especially considering that the right-wing business establishment in the US (consisting of people like Henry Ford, Prescott Bush, and the Harriman family) largely backed Hitler, financed his rise to power, and attempted a fascist coup in the US. Fascism is the merging of corporate power and state power, a right-wing corporatist ideology.

GalacticPirate
Posted on 06-02-17 01:32 PM Link | #83476
I compared him to Hitler because of the deaths he'll cause. 200k people die each year in the USA because of pollution.

StapleButter
Posted on 06-02-17 02:12 PM Link | #83477
I'm interested into seeing how the Tesla adventure will work out, in this regard.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 06-02-17 04:44 PM Link | #83489
Posted by StarTrekVoyager
I compared him to Hitler because of the deaths he'll cause. 200k people die each year in the USA because of pollution.

The thing is, it's a tired comparison (I know, it pretty much lost shock value). And that's tragic, but I don't think it can directly compare to a systemic slaughter of a targeted minority group. Ignoring the dangers of air pollution is reckless, dangerous, and an utter disregard for human life, but let's not compare it to violent massacres.

That being said, ecological dangers should not be understated as I believe it's a far more dangerous problem than any terrorist, oppressor, or supremacist can hope to imagine. It should be a top-priority issue, even if humans suck at assessing long-term consequences and think it's worth sacrificing the environment in a desperate attempt to being back coal jobs and the like.
Pages: 1 2

Main - Serious discussion - Donald Trump has crossed the line. New reply

Page rendered in 0.043 seconds. (2048KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 27, rows: 229/229, time: 0.022 seconds.
[powered by Acmlm] Acmlmboard 2.064 (2017-11-20)
© 2005-2008 Acmlm, Xkeeper, blackhole89 et al.