Rules/FAQ | Memberlist | Calendar | Stats | Online users | Last posts | Search
07-22-18 12:23 AM
Guest:

0 users reading Misunderstood | 1 bot

Main - Serious discussion - Misunderstood New reply

Pages: 1 2
Toms
Posted on 09-20-16 09:35 PM Link | #77702
Don't you love it when people get the wrong idea of you. I constantly feel like nobody gets who I really am, or even tries to relate to me

In real life, I'm somewhat blind, and by looking at me you can tell pretty easily. I wouldn't say that I'm bullied for it, I'm just treated differently. Some people act like I have some sort of mental issue, which isn't the case at all. Some people also don't get the fact that I love playing Mario games because they're "childish". I do have friends that care for me and support me, but still, I don't see why I'm looked at so strangely when I know how to act just like everyone else

As for my life online. Yeeeeeeeah. I still run into problems with others around these sorts of places. Just today I got into an argument just because we couldn't understand where the other person was coming from (you know who you are).

I just feel like nobody really gets me, and I wish they would. I mean, I try to act friendly and stuff, but I still come off as dumb for one reason or another :/

StapleButter
Posted on 09-20-16 09:49 PM Link | #77703
In middle/high school, people try to make up for their self-confidence issues by picking someone visibly different and making fun of their difference. The typical target is the fat kid, but any difference is possible.

"Some people also don't get the fact that I love playing Mario games because they're "childish"."

Those people are idiots who think a good, non-childish game needs uberkiller graphics and violence all over the place.

Those games are fun too, though.

Probably something like that the amount of violence you play through defines how manly you are -- middle school is full of that crap. Crying means you're weak and girly. Being gay means you enjoy yourself in the role of the girl. And so on. Being manly gives you value, while being girly means you're a failure.

It's utter crap, but that's how they think.

I digress. But I figure that understanding typical people and social dynamics might help you fit in better and feel better.

As for online misunderstandings and arguments, it happens. Don't be too hard on yourself.

what do you use to measure bolts? a boltmeter

Toms
Posted on 09-20-16 10:34 PM Link | #77706
It's not like being bullied so much, it's more of like I get the special treatment. Whenever I make a basket in gym class, everyone makes a big deal about it for no reason. I know that they're trying to be nice, but I'm the only one who gets that sort of treatment. Other things like this happen as well.

I try to not let online stuff bother me, but it really bothers me when people get angry at me. I can't ever seem to please anyone, not even my freaking parents (that's a whole different topic though)

MusiMasta
Posted on 09-20-16 10:54 PM Link | #77711
I used to be the kid bullied at school just because I was different. Well, mostly interest wise. I'm not the typical person that just sits on their phone and text with friends and do stuff like that. In fact, I don't even have a "good" friend in real life. What I mean by that are people that you spend time with outside of the school setting, and you know them well, etc. A not.al friend in my opinion would be anyone that didn't bully me. Mostly this sort of situation was in elementary and middle school. I was the kid that liked reading textbooks, drawing maps, etc, just weird stuff in general. At least now people are mkre preoccupied in high school so that don't get bullied anymore, but still, I'm alone and obviously, treated differently as well.

cros107
Posted on 09-21-16 07:15 AM Link | #77723
Branching off from this, I hate how people expect me to be just like everyone else. Like, I'm sorry I play video games, or talk to my friends on skype, or am slightly disorganized, or don't really like talking to people apart from my friends.

I'm not really bullied at school, but that's because I go to a rather good school. At our school, you don't get picked on, the more "cool" kids just think of you somewhat as a joke. It sucks, but it's not really that bad. There are a lot of great people at my school.

Toms
Posted on 09-21-16 10:31 AM Link | #77730
Posted by StapleButter
The typical target is the fat kid
HA! I've had a six pack for the past year and a half. People know not to mess with me

Posted by MusiMasta
I used to be bullied
What happened??

MercuryPenny
Posted on 09-21-16 10:35 AM Link | #77731
Posted by TMolter
I just feel like nobody really gets me, and I wish they would. I mean, I try to act friendly and stuff, but I still come off as dumb for one reason or another :/

this is a self-fulfilling prophesy. try to push those thoughts out of your mind when trying to socialize, both irl and on the internet.

send me your terrible userbars and such to advertize in my footer ;^)
[image]

youtube i never use

CRAWLING IN MY CRAWL THESE CRAWLS THEY WILL NOT CRAWL

MusiMasta
Posted on 09-21-16 11:21 AM Link | #77739
Posted by TMolter
HA! I've had a six pack for the past year and a half. People know not to mess with me

What happened??

Well, people.excluding me from shit so I had to do projects all by myself, ignoring me, the worst instance is when they punched me in the face for sitting on the bus where their "friends" were supposed to sit.

Toms
Posted on 09-21-16 01:08 PM Link | #77745
No, I mean you said that you used to get bullied. Did the bullies just grow out of it or did you change something?

MusiMasta
Posted on 09-21-16 02:25 PM Link | #77748
Oh, I see what you mean now. Well, it's more like they matured out of it, combined with them going to the principal's office a couple of times. My interests also differ slightly now, I'm generally less weird in that area now.

shibboleet
Posted on 09-21-16 04:57 PM (rev. 3 of 09-21-16 04:59 PM) Link | #77756
Posted by TMolter

I completely despise these types of comments. It sounds as if "look at me u cant bully me cuz ur smaller lololol". It's really stupid to level yourself above others like that, it makes you look really cocky, and people don't like that in a person. I'm not trying to offend, but those types of comments are usually unacceptable to other people.

StapleButter
Posted on 09-21-16 05:01 PM Link | #77760
FruitSmasher pulled the same thing. To me, it sounds like making up a strong character to overcompensate IRL weakness.

MusiMasta
Posted on 09-21-16 06:16 PM Link | #77766
I mean, strong character in the sense of me ignoring other people's hateful comments helped me a lot and eventually also led to them getting tired of picking on me.

shibboleet
Posted on 09-21-16 09:22 PM Link | #77776
yeah, eventually they just stop trying

StapleButter
Posted on 09-22-16 05:38 AM Link | #77793
which doesn't always work, though.

sometimes it turns into "lol look we can do him whatever and he doesn't react" which can turn into a game of "how far can we go before he blows up".

Toms
Posted on 09-22-16 10:22 AM Link | #77795
Yeah, back in middle school, I had major anger issues. People would try to make me explode, which never turned out well for anyone

Also, excuse my cockiness. I tend to brag about what I can :P

Isaac
Posted on 09-23-16 10:29 PM Link | #77889
Well, since I have only 1 eye its worse for me.
In school people pressure me to take it out all the time and you know how real eyes are moist well my fake one isn't so it drys all that yellow goo and when I scratch my fake eye to get it off I get in trouble because somebody screamed I took it out. The teacher thinks I'm like hurting myself for some reason... I actually don't know why she thinks that. But I run into people a lot when I'm switching classes because I cannot see out the right side of my face. I've been thinking that I'm kinda brain damaged because my brain doesn't get any signals on my right eye and it strains more..

I'm not trying to focus the attention on me so don't think that.
going to be gone for a while

Toms
Posted on 12-22-16 09:53 AM Link | #80510
wow, guess I have major ADHD and ADD. Well, that explains some things at least

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I had other mental health issues too. It runs very deeply in my family

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 12-28-16 05:45 PM Link | #80583
ADHD and ADD are the same. Components of ADD are now considered "inattentive" part of ADHD. I have all symptoms of it, but the disability doesn't really become a disability once I hit college, though components of that, I struggle with. Like procrastination and priorities, I struggle with that. I maintain a 3.67 GPA in college, though, and I like that!

FinalShroom81
Posted on 12-29-16 04:50 PM Link | #80616
Anyone who says mario is "childish" needs to actually think about what they are doing with their life.
Pages: 1 2

Main - Serious discussion - Misunderstood New reply

Page rendered in 0.025 seconds. (2048KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 27, rows: 231/231, time: 0.014 seconds.
[powered by Acmlm] Acmlmboard 2.064 (2017-11-20)
© 2005-2008 Acmlm, Xkeeper, blackhole89 et al.