Views: 8,826,079 Home | Forums | Uploader | Wiki | Object databases | IRC
Rules/FAQ | Memberlist | Calendar | Stats | Online users | Last posts | Search
10-21-18 11:55 PM
Guest:

0 users reading Ideas for buying a new car | 1 bot

Main - Serious discussion - Ideas for buying a new car New reply

Lunarius
Posted on 07-29-16 07:29 PM (rev. 2 of 07-29-16 07:54 PM) Link | #75234
I'll be buying a new car pretty soon. I have four cars that I really like but your opinions are always welcome. :) My preferred choice of transmission is standard. However, I don't mind switching to automatic. The cars that I am considering on buying are :

Tesla Model S

Price : $70,000.
Transmission : Automatic.

What I really like the most is that it runs on electricity. Now, people will think that this is a bad idea. It probably is but the estimated road mileage on a single charge is 426 km. (265 miles). I think this is a really good mileage for an electric car. It features Bluetooth connection, a 17 inch display, autopilot and an acceleration from 0 - 60 MPH in 3.8 seconds. The car doesn't make a sound at all. It is very quiet and the only sounds you hear is the wind resistance and the tires rotating on the pavement. Pricy but might buy it… even if it is Automatic.

Ford Mustang Shelby GT350-R

Price : $63,500
Transmission : Standard or Automatic

A modernized classic sports car that is powerful and sleek. Hitting a top speed of 174 MPH with its V8 Engine it accelerates 0 - 60 MPH in 3.5 seconds with 467 HP. It's exhaust is also pretty nice to hear. Having a dual exhaust sound profile, it can be set on Sport Mode or Track Mode. Tires are sport made for racing and measure 305/30ZR19 on the front while the back tires use 315/30ZR19. Equips Bluetooth, Standard or Automatic transmission with either rear-wheel or All Wheel Drive (AWD) control and butterfly door opening, giving the car a very luxurious feel to it.

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 2LT

Price : $55,400.
Transmission : Standard

The seventh generation Corvette Stingray 2LT is beautifully carved into a sports car that not only boasts powerful performance but also it's luxuriousness. Reaching a high speed of 178 MPH with its V8 Engine, it pushes forward with 460 HP with a downforce of 465 lbs, making the acceleration from 0 - 60 MPH in 3.7 seconds. The Corvette Stingray, unlike other sports cars, is light, making it easily fragile if hit. The transmission can be bought either Standard or Automatic with only rear-wheel drive control.

Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Price : $41,300.
Transmission : Standard or Automatic.

If I were to be asked which sports car is my favorite, it would be the Camaro 2SS. Running a V8 Engine with a top speed of 175 MPH and 455 HP, this car is something to admire. Their design is what I like the most. The 2SS is equipped with a four optional exhaust sound profile that ranges from Stealth Mode to Super Sport Mode. Car accelerates from 0 - 60 MPH in 3.1 seconds. The car can either be purchased with a standard or automatic transmission that supports either rear-wheel or All Wheel Drive (AWD) control.

These are cars that I have been thinking on buying. Any other suggestions that you may have, please feel free to let me know. :) I am willing to buy other cars that I think look good, have good performance and if possible, cheap.

<Silvreus>I am a random person…
<Silvreus>With a random personality…
<Silvreus>With a random life…
<Silvreus>How fun. :P

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 07-29-16 07:41 PM Link | #75239
You probably should consider fuel efficiency (and for the electric, how much that fuel costs), the cost of its parts, maintenance, and probably how it feels in the inside (not only comfort of the seat, but how well you can see objects on the road compared to, say, a Toyota Camry).

Lunarius
Posted on 07-29-16 07:59 PM Link | #75249
Posted by LeftyGreenMario
You probably should consider fuel efficiency

I've considered the Mileage Per Gallon but if you inspect them closely, mostly all cars are around the same. I'd waste almost equally on all three gas-powered cars as I would for my truck.

(and for the electric, how much that fuel costs),

Cost for fuel on an electric car? Wut? o_O The Model S is pure electric, not a hybrid car.

The cost of its parts, maintenance, and probably how it feels in the inside (not only comfort of the seat, but how well you can see objects on the road compared to, say, a Toyota Camry).

To sum it up : Model S parts are quite expensive but the interior is luxurious. If you have ever been inside a Rolls Royce Phantom, it would be similar to that. I have a great view from the Model S. It feels very natural too.

GT350R parts are cheap and the interior is luxurious as well. The comfort is similar to that of a Yukon XL. View is… average?

Stingray C7 parts are cheap and interior is to an extent somewhat luxurious. Comfort is similar to that of a Honda Civic but the view is too close to the ground, IMO.

Camaro 2SS parts are average and interior lacks a bit of luxury. Comfort is similar to a Silverado 2500 HD and view is average.

MusiMasta
Posted on 07-29-16 07:59 PM Link | #75250
I would say the Model S because sports cars just you know, are pollution. They have very low mileage per gallon of gas and will contribute so much more to global warming and devastating the climate than the electric car. Even though the electric car costs more, you will save in the long run because it runs on electricity instead of gasoline and you will also feel great for stepping up and reducing climate change.

Lunarius
Posted on 07-29-16 08:04 PM Link | #75254
Model S is pricy but you do have a good point there. What it offers is also amazing. My main problem will be charging it. The battery has a lot of capacity. One out two will happen : either the Model S sucks up a lot of electricity from my house that my electricity bill skyrockets or I will suffer from not being to charge at an electric pump.

MusiMasta
Posted on 07-29-16 08:08 PM Link | #75258
Well, your overall bill for powering a car will drop, tremendously, as much as by a half, so that your electricity bill won't even matter anymore. See here: http://energy.gov/articles/egallon-how-much-cheaper-it-drive-electricity

Baby Luigi
Posted on 07-29-16 08:13 PM Link | #75261
I would say go for the Camaro because you appear to love its design as well but, unfortunately, I'm extremely biased for it and want to own one of those suckers in the future when I finally get a sustainable job :P

MusiMasta
Posted on 07-29-16 08:17 PM Link | #75263
The Camaro is actually the cheapest one in the list and only 1/2 the price of the Model S, so if you don't want to spend too much money on a car at first, you could buy it, and then later on, you could always save up money to upgrade to a more sustainable car like the Model S.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 07-29-16 08:26 PM Link | #75265
Posted by Lunarius
Cost for fuel on an electric car? Wut? o_O The Model S is pure electric, not a hybrid car.

Don't you have to plug it to a charge station or something? And doesn't that cost something? And what about battery maintenance?

MusiMasta
Posted on 07-29-16 08:31 PM Link | #75268
At least here, there are parking lots that have free charging outlets for electric cars. And yes, powering electric cars still costs something, but much less than what you pay for powering a regular gasoline-fueled car.

Lunarius
Posted on 07-29-16 10:25 PM Link | #75297
Posted by MusiMasta
At least here, there are parking lots that have free charging outlets for electric cars. And yes, powering electric cars still costs something, but much less than what you pay for powering a regular gasoline-fueled car.

Yup. Electric power stations in Houston charge 79¢ per kWh. The cheapest place to get gas is at a station called Buc-ee's and their gas is currently $1.75.

Posted by Baby Luigi
I would say go for the Camaro because you appear to love its design as well but, unfortunately, I'm extremely biased for it and want to own one of those suckers in the future when I finally get a sustainable job :P

Posted by MusiMasta
The Camaro is actually the cheapest one in the list and only 1/2 the price of the Model S, so if you don't want to spend too much money on a car at first, you could buy it, and then later on, you could always save up money to upgrade to a more sustainable car like the Model S.

Not a bad idea and besides, instead of buying the Model S, I could wait until next year when Tesla sells their Model 3. It will be $35,000 and I also like the Model 3's chassis as much as what it offers. I could sell the Camaro 2SS anytime next year and get the Model 3 if I want.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 07-30-16 01:16 AM Link | #75309
Oh, I forget, but you should buy your cars used. It's less material consumption and cars' values depreciate exponentially. Even if it's just used for one year, it's significantly less than the price at new.

Lunarius
Posted on 07-31-16 02:27 AM Link | #75392
Oh, I forget, but you should buy your cars used. It's less material consumption and cars' values depreciate exponentially. Even if it's just used for one year, it's significantly less than the price at new.

I'm well aware of that. I still haven't found a Camaro 2SS that is sold by owner. My last resort is buying one from the Chevrolet dealership but even then, I'd still think about it. If you live in the US and own cars, you'd know that by law you must have either liability or full cover car insurance. If I buy the car from the dealership, they would require me to apply a full cover insurance plan and most of my money would be directed towards the insurance rather than the car.

Now, if I do manage to find an owner who is selling a Camaro 2SS, I'm willing to pay their price right then and there. Once I've paid the car, it would be considered MY car, giving me control of what I want to do with it. I'd pay the liability insurance plan since it is cheaper than the full cover plan.

Main - Serious discussion - Ideas for buying a new car New reply

Page rendered in 0.033 seconds. (2048KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 27, rows: 217/217, time: 0.020 seconds.
[powered by Acmlm] Acmlmboard 2.064 (2018-07-20)
© 2005-2008 Acmlm, Xkeeper, blackhole89 et al.