Guest:

0 users reading What are your beliefs? | 1 bot

Main - Serious discussion - What are your beliefs? New reply

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
SuperMario64DS
Posted on 10-19-16 01:43 AM (rev. 5 of 10-19-16 02:06 AM) Link | #78939
Posted by StapleButter
Let God handle it.

Thank God (literally) someone said it. I cannot fathom what's wrong with people. Why would you feel the need to act as God's executioner when nobody asked that of you? It's like there are these angry, hateful people looking to use the Bible as their scapegoat for attacks, yet in convenience they blissfully ignore the commands to not do that. It's like they have issues of their own and trying to deal with it, or something.

I mean, clearly some situations require intervention. If someone's hurting somebody, or if something of value is about to be lost, but let people "do as they do", even if you don't like it. It's just common sense. You may also calmly explain that you don't like whatever their doing (depends on social and circumstantial conditions, greatly). But really, I don't care if you "sin". I'd rather you don't, but you do you. That's all.

Stand as an example for what you find right, not the judiciary branch.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 10-21-16 02:23 PM Link | #79002
It's called "motivated reasoning", to try veiling your irrational hate with using the Bible. People do this all the time when it's so hard for them to deal with reality.

Baby Luigi
Posted on 10-23-16 09:29 PM Link | #79113
God doesn't need an executioner. If he finds someone he doesn't like, he'll zap the crap out of them.

These faith warriors need to shut up and stop harming others in the name of god.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 10-23-16 11:24 PM (rev. 2 of 10-23-16 11:24 PM) Link | #79129
I thought Satan is the executioner.

As in, how he's supposed to be the one handling souls in the underworld.

Gamer Boy
Posted on 09-23-17 11:05 PM Link | #89470
Eh, not quite. At least, not in Christianity as far as I know.

Satan has been tied to Lucifer, who was mentioned in the Old Testament. According to the Bible, Lucifer ("light-bearer") desired to become like God, the Most High. In his aim to do so, he convinced a great amount of angels to rebel with him. Ultimately however, Lucifer/Satan fails and is cast out of heaven, along with the fallen angels. Satan then spends his time "seeking whom he may devour," beginning with the fall of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. I don't know if by underworld you mean Hell, but if so it certainly isn't a desirable place for anyone. According to Revelation, Satan will be sent there along with his followers as an everlasting punishment. Normally you see it depicted as Satan/demons running the place, but the reason Satan is still actively causing evil is because he knows that he's going to end up there at an appointed time whether he likes it or not, and thus his time is short.

RealHeroicGamer
Posted on 09-24-17 12:52 AM Link | #89472
Posted by Gamer Boy
*insert whatever you said*

the last post was almost a year ago
why the bump
and why religion of all posts

Gamer Boy
Posted on 09-24-17 08:34 AM Link | #89478
Didn't bother to look and see exactly how long ago the last post was made. Plus I find religious topics to be interesting sometimes, especially when it's about the "lore" of such things if you'd like to call it that. Sorry for having different interests I guess? Anyhow, with the number of other threads around, I'm sure it'll move out of the way eventually if that's what you want.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Baby Luigi
Posted on 09-24-17 04:24 PM Link | #89482
I don't see anything wrong with bumps if the post bumping it had something meaningful and constructive to say, which Gamer Boy's post did.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 09-24-17 06:10 PM Link | #89486
Satanists seem like good folk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Marionumber1
Posted on 09-24-17 07:40 PM (rev. 2 of 09-24-17 07:40 PM) Link | #89492
Posted by LeftyGreenMario
Satanists seem like good folk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The atheists who jokingly call themselves Satanists are, but there are some terrible Satanists involved in raping and torturing children, in cases like the Franklin scandal. One example is Lt. Col Michael Aquino, founder of the Temple of Set. He was accused by children at the Presidio military base of molestation, including one child who identified him on her own when she was out shopping with her parents, and then accurately identified his house. Aquino was titled for child molestation and had his appeal denied. A victim of the Franklin scandal, Paul Bonacci, also accused Aquino of torturing him as part of MKUltra (which contained some sadistic abuse and did involve children as subjects) and ordering the kidnapping children into a child prostitution network. There are less well-verified accounts of other Satanists (some associated with Aquino) and Satanic cults involved in similar activities.

RealHeroicGamer
Posted on 09-26-17 11:25 AM Link | #89537
Posted by Gamer Boy
Didn't bother to look and see exactly how long ago the last post was made. Plus I find religious topics to be interesting sometimes, especially when it's about the "lore" of such things if you'd like to call it that. Sorry for having different interests I guess? Anyhow, with the number of other threads around, I'm sure it'll move out of the way eventually if that's what you want.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

what
i was just saying it was old
Posted by Baby Luigi
I don't see anything wrong with bumps if the post bumping it had something meaningful and constructive to say, which Gamer Boy's post did.

but uh
a year?
meh, whatever, its already bumped, nothin we can do about it now :P

shibboleet
Posted on 09-26-17 03:11 PM Link | #89545
a bump is completely fine if it contributes something worth to the topic, regardless of date.

RealHeroicGamer
Posted on 09-26-17 04:06 PM Link | #89548
Posted by shibboleet
a bump is completely fine if it contributes something worth to the topic, regardless of date.

oki, that makes sense. i guess its just ive been on forums where any sort of bump of over a month or two is like a bannable offence... (saying that now i think thats weird.)
anyway, [/offtopic]

Jakratzhu
Posted on 09-29-17 10:32 PM Link | #89678
My parents had two different religions: Buddhism and Christianity.
I grew up with Sharia law.
Schools forced me to learn about islam, and parents made me spend 30 minutes studying religion.
IE, had a LOT of reading to do XD

Here's my assumption:
Some form of god probably exists. However, all these religions have tried to reach him in their own ways. If you think about it, man has written the holy books. Mankind isn't perfect, though.

I assume that mankind has tried to make their ideal pure god. But at the end of the day, as man has written all these holy books, "god" is just the ideal pureness for a group of people.

But I assume god is much different, nothing that can be weighed and written down to follow in prevention of eternal evil ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, not too sure about evolution, though I really didn't learn much about it.

Rush B, сука блять!

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 09-30-17 03:41 PM Link | #89736
Evolution seems to be consistent with observations the scientists make, so it's safe to assume evolution happens. After all, evolution gave us the ability to digest lactose....

RanAS
Posted on 10-01-17 06:54 AM Link | #89761
If any person were to ask me "what is my religion", sometimes I would say I don't believe in God, sometimes I would say yes, and other times I would just say "who knows?". I believe I would fall close to Agnosticism, God might exist, or maybe not, but in the meantime, why don't we focus on ourselves first?

A few of the good morals that religions have I follow, not because I'm religious but more because...they're good morals. That said, I wouldn't follow ideas and values that I believed were not really beneficial as a whole (as in, to everyone, not just me). I don't stand against it, but I don't stand for it either, you might as well call me a superposition of both, where we can't really define the answer yet so maybe we shouldn't really rely on it and only on it.

I'm never angry at people who are or aren't religious, I'm angry if you do something terrible or stupid, not because you believe in God or not. I've seen people who had crap morals and how they changed when they became religious and how much of a better person they became because of it, but I've also seen people do incredibly stupid things in the name of religion. I can't attribute its entirety on good or bad, I can only do that individually for every person, after I see how it affects their lives.

So for the most part, I can say that whenether I have to question if something is a good or a bad thing, I reflect on it based on if it'll be good to us humans, individually and/or collectivelly, rather than if it'll be good according to religion.

If this is not how you see it, then that's fine, I can only hope that me having this opinion does not become the reason people hate me. I'm only trying to make sense of the world around me, and I hope that I can improve my views not by yelling but by comprehending and understanding things.
"I forgot what I was going to say."

ScarletWavez
Posted on 10-01-17 02:34 PM Link | #89771
I feel like God created the universe, then created the process of evolution, and had nothing to do with further events. It all seems unlikely a coincidence that evolution happened and that it seems nothing is controlling the terrors that are happening today...

Baby Luigi
Posted on 10-01-17 02:36 PM Link | #89774
Posted by Luigi442wii
I feel like God created the universe, then created the process of evolution, and had nothing to do with further events. It all seems unlikely a coincidence that evolution happened and that it seems nothing is controlling the terrors that are happening today...

Evolution isn't exactly a coincidence, nor is it...planned like intelligent design. It's just stuff that happened and adapted to the environment as time went on.

GalacticPirate
Posted on 10-02-17 06:57 AM Link | #89811
I'm purely atheist and think God doesn't exist, purely out of Ockham's razor abusing. Yes, IMO he doesn't need to exist (yeah, Hawking proved multiple times the the Big Bang technically didn't need a trigger thanks to the awesome thing called quantum physics) so I consider he doesn't :P And even if God exists, in no way it's the god depicted in one of the three monotheist religions, since science has proved that 95% of what's said in the said books is pure bullshit (like creationism for example). So, yeah :P

fiver
Posted on 12-23-17 11:16 PM Link | #92459
well, here's an update on my beliefs, which are a bit different now

god probably exists. however, I've no clue.

religion can't add up. It was man made and did not exist forever, so really, it's not reasonable

I don't believe in the big bang theory, though, because of the Law of the Conservation of Matter. shit doesn't just appear like that in the name of science.
-fiverpost™
[image]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14

Main - Serious discussion - What are your beliefs? New reply

Page rendered in 0.029 seconds. (2048KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 27, rows: 230/230, time: 0.015 seconds.
[powered by Acmlm] Acmlmboard 2.064 (2017-11-20)
© 2005-2008 Acmlm, Xkeeper, blackhole89 et al.