Rules/FAQ | Memberlist | Calendar | Stats | Online users | Last posts | Search
01-22-18 03:06 PM
Guest:

0 users reading What are your beliefs? | 1 bot

Main - Serious discussion - What are your beliefs? New reply

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 09-30-16 10:22 PM Link | #78115
It led to questioning it, for sure. I don't think it's an accident that the number of people that identify as nonreligious is growing.

Super-toad 65
Posted on 10-01-16 02:42 AM Link | #78122
And i hope to be in that part. my parents aren't torturing me about that like all the stuff happened in April -.-

But they're still unsure

My youtube channel

MusiMasta
Posted on 10-01-16 03:04 AM Link | #78127
Posted by MrRean
what's really interesting is how much science has...pretty much changed about how people think about the Bible in some ways.

I agree with this fill-on, science really has allowed an explanation of the world using natural forces at work instead of utilizing supernatural forces that cannot be calculated using tools or interpreted with the human senses or any technology. Though however, there's always this random ancient philosophy I find interesting, about how what all we see and hear, etc, are fake, that our senses are completely wrong, and that to know you know absolutely nothing based on this fact-stops your ignorance of the world-I'm pretty sure it was some Greek philosopher, Plato or Aristotle maybe?

Toms
Posted on 10-02-16 08:43 PM Link | #78188
You know, some people could argue that scientific advances have proven the God and such is real...

...then again, it could be said the opposite too

Baby Luigi
Posted on 10-02-16 08:49 PM Link | #78189
I'd like to point out that the god of the gaps ad hoc is narrowing because of scientific advances. Anything we don't know about, these people would say "lol this is proof god exists". When we find out something that perfectly explains it with science, they move goalposts. Eventually, we're going to narrow it so much that any evidence of a god existing is so minimal no one takes it seriously anymore.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 10-03-16 07:20 PM Link | #78203
Posted by TMolter
You know, some people could argue that scientific advances have proven the God and such is real...

...then again, it could be said the opposite too

They can also prove the existence of the FSM and a flying teapot between Earth and Mars if you really torture your arguments to that point.

Toms
Posted on 10-04-16 10:57 AM Link | #78212
Yeah, but some crazy people will try to argue some pretty wild stuff :)

rcx
Posted on 10-05-16 07:27 PM Link | #78253
I'm agnostic.

... Yeah, I don't really have anything to say when it comes to religion.

NintendoFan
Posted on 10-08-16 11:59 PM Link | #78388
Posted by StapleButter
there's none, but there's no proof that said god doesn't exist either.

Extremely late response but that's true.

idk, I went for what I thought was the better and logical answer.

Marionumber1
Posted on 10-09-16 02:46 AM Link | #78396
Posted by NintendoFan
Extremely late response but that's true.

idk, I went for what I thought was the better and logical answer.

It's true, but it's also meaningless. Does it make sense to say there's no proof a teapot isn't orbiting the Sun between Earth and Mars, so it's true? The burden of proof is on the one making the claim.

Gipt
Posted on 10-09-16 01:08 PM Link | #78424
Protestant Christian, with the little credibility my religion has left. Damn Westbourogh and prosperity churches...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqPusGtpXOn2-HBXSOobhXw

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 10-10-16 07:17 PM Link | #78503
Posted by Marionumber1
It's true, but it's also meaningless. Does it make sense to say there's no proof a teapot isn't orbiting the Sun between Earth and Mars, so it's true? The burden of proof is on the one making the claim.

There is also Carl Sagan's dragon in the garage.

It's really just ad-hoc hypothesis and it's also why understanding Occam's razor is so important.

MC708
Posted on 10-14-16 02:34 AM (rev. 3 of 10-14-16 10:48 AM) Link | #78715
I'm a Catholic Christian and proud.

Sorry for the maintenance -- we'll be back soon!

Melvin8D
Posted on 10-16-16 10:25 PM Link | #78837
I believe in shrek and waluigi.

Lol, jk, I am an atheist, but I have nothing wrong with people believing in religions, as long as they don't promote bad things.

MC708
Posted on 10-17-16 02:43 PM Link | #78869
Posted by Melvin8D
I believe in shrek and waluigi.

Lol, jk, I am an atheist, but I have nothing wrong with people believing in religions, as long as they don't promote bad things.

Waluigi is my favourite Mario character (I don't know how that's relevant but whatever), and I also respect the fact that you are an atheist. Like you, if someone is a different religion than mine, I still respect them, as long a their religion doesn't bring about negative effects, like killing people.

Tahcryon
Posted on 10-17-16 04:26 PM Link | #78879
Posted by MattCrafter
Waluigi is my favourite Mario character (I don't know how that's relevant but whatever), and I also respect the fact that you are an atheist. Like you, if someone is a different religion than mine, I still respect them, as long a their religion doesn't bring about negative effects, like killing people.

It's not the religion that makes them kill people, it's the people themselves who choose to kill.

[11:25pm] gridatttack: we smart people will remain to command you derps
[11:25pm] gridatttack: who have lexic problems thanks to doge

[9:21pm] gridatttack: the only thing good is that they dont bullshit you
[9:21pm] gridatttack: they straight foward say the want to fuck everyone

MC708
Posted on 10-17-16 04:59 PM Link | #78881
Posted by Tahcryon
It's not the religion that makes them kill people, it's the people themselves who choose to kill.

Yes, but some rather extreme religions encourage people to murder, and sometimes it works.

StapleButter
Posted on 10-17-16 05:01 PM (rev. 2 of 10-17-16 05:02 PM) Link | #78882
Those people choose to join those fucked up ideologies that don't even qualify as religions. Jihadism isn't Islam, it isn't a religion, it's about enforcing an ideology that will make a small group rich and powerful while everyone else will have to stay under their control.

what do you use to measure bolts? a boltmeter

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 10-17-16 06:48 PM Link | #78883
Posted by Tahcryon

Of course, an asshole is an asshole regardless of what religion the asshole decides to follow. However, some assholes, like the entire Westboro Baptist Church use their religion as a justification to promote hatred. Religion can motivate hatred.

StapleButter
Posted on 10-17-16 06:50 PM Link | #78884
Yep.

Then there are those who feel that X is wrong because "the bible said so" or whatever, and somehow think they must be God's personal police officer and clean up the mess themselves.

Let God handle it.

what do you use to measure bolts? a boltmeter
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Main - Serious discussion - What are your beliefs? New reply

Page rendered in 0.036 seconds. (2048KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 27, rows: 230/230, time: 0.019 seconds.
[powered by Acmlm] Acmlmboard 2.064 (2017-11-20)
© 2005-2008 Acmlm, Xkeeper, blackhole89 et al.