Kuribo64
Views: 8,763,393 Home | Forums | Uploader | Wiki | Object databases | IRC
Rules/FAQ | Memberlist | Calendar | Stats | Online users | Last posts | Search
09-22-18 05:22 PM
Guest:

0 users reading Crap going on between my family and my parents | 1 bot

Main - Serious discussion - Crap going on between my family and my parents New reply

Pages: 1 2
Cypher123
Posted on 07-21-16 08:15 PM Link | #74247
Welp, now that we have a serious place, can I get serious? Yes? Ok, thank you.
Did you know I would actually be more active here if my parents weren't so annoying when it comes to the interent?
My dad ALWAYS thinks that if we aren't in an open location throughout the house and we are using the internet, that we are doing something bad.
Since when would I want to do something bad?!
It started with my older sister. She had secretly used Tumblr a while ago (uses it more because she has a phone now) whenever she could. Someone wanted to be her friend so she checked out this girl. Nothing inappropriate has been posted by her, so my sister was like "Sure! ^-^" (not exact quote). Anyways, this girl had randomly started posting sexual pictures. And it started to make my sister sick to the stomach. The computer froze when she tried to close the page out (she was using InPrivate) and it was closing slowly. Then phwomp! It closed out. Relieved, my sister had walked off. Then my mom goes to use her computer (what my sister was using!) and brought up the browser. All of a sudden, the InPrivate page popped up. A whole bunch more crap happened, but long story short: she had gotten in trouble.

All of THAT has caused my dad to get super paranoid. Like in certain times, he gets worse
-using the internet while he isn't around
-seeing a console in my room
-night time
-me being in my room
-me getting sleepy during the day
-me doing a lot of things around the house
-a piled up part of my blanket
-doing something coincidentally the same time he is near
And some other things.

And they are also very annoying when it comes to EVERYTHING! Like using a tablet, they say "The games" yet I only have, like, 5 games on my tablet! I am always on Social Media, yet I will NEVER tell them until I turn, like, 17. When they can trust me.
And I'm not kidding. I try to use a tablet and my dad always has to get suspicious. One time, when my dad was around and my brother tried to show me something, my dad had barged in with "WHAT ARE YOU SHOWING HIM?! IT BETTER NOT BE BAD!"
And another example of how bad my dad can get. One time, my brother was using his tablet in the kitchen while my dad was in the living room. Guess what? My dad had to "talk" to him about what was wrong for sitting in an "isolated" room.
There are plenty more thing that have happened, but you guys wouldn't care to read it. Not all of it crammed in here.

I'm on Discord a lot. (Cypher123#0589)

I stopped hacking SM64 because I'm lazy :D

Discord Server 1 - Discord Server 2 - Soundcloud - YouTube

JakoNintenCraft
Posted on 07-21-16 08:39 PM Link | #74249
Damn, and I thought my parents were overprotective! My dad won't even allow Wi-Fi in the house because he thinks it'll cause "radiation overdose" or something like that.

Anyway, why would your parents be mad at you guys? If something popped up on your PC that was bad and you close it and tell them that it just popped up, they should have enough trust to believe you. Also, its the guy on the other end of the line that's doing it. Dang.

You're inside a simulation, of a simulation, inside a simulation, of a simulation, inside the Matrix, inside a taco, inside a taco, within a Taco Bell, that's inside a KFC, within a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR BRAIN!; inside another giant simulation!

fiver
Posted on 07-21-16 08:39 PM Link | #74250
sigh

that's BS. My parents allow me to be in my room or whatever whenever doing this stuff, but if they saw what I did on here.. (they seriously hate cursing) I'd be banned from using the internet, pretty much. My dad gets really sensitive with that kinda stuff for whatever reason. It'd also be really bad if my parents found out about me being bisexual. It'd make for a very awkward relationship with them.

In short, I kinda feel what you're going thru, and I hope it gets better.
-fiverpost™
[image]

Cypher123
Posted on 07-21-16 08:49 PM Link | #74257
Posted by JakoNintenCraft
Damn, and I thought my parents were overprotective! My dad won't even allow Wi-Fi in the house because he thinks it'll cause "radiation overdose" or something like that.

Anyway, why would your parents be mad at you guys? If something popped up on your PC that was bad and you close it and tell them that it just popped up, they should have enough trust to believe you. Also, its the guy on the other end of the line that's doing it. Dang.

Also because now that we have tablets.......

Posted by xkitten
sigh

that's BS. My parents allow me to be in my room or whatever whenever doing this stuff, but if they saw what I did on here.. (they seriously hate cursing) I'd be banned from using the internet, pretty much. My dad gets really sensitive with that kinda stuff for whatever reason. It'd also be really bad if my parents found out about me being bisexual. It'd make for a very awkward relationship with them.

In short, I kinda feel what you're going thru, and I hope it gets better.

It really would make an awkward relationship.

In short, it will not get better until I get enough money to move.

fiver
Posted on 07-21-16 08:57 PM Link | #74259
oh.

well, that's unpleasant. hopefully he calms down at least a little bit.

the good thing is that he's trying to, er, "protect" you, at least. it shows he cares, I guess. But yeah, he's overdoing it. :P
-fiverpost™
[image]

Cypher123
Posted on 07-21-16 09:02 PM Link | #74262
He really is.
He has been like this for a few years. He won't calm down. I mean, sometimes he calms down, but usually when he is working or in the evening.

MusiMasta
Posted on 07-21-16 09:12 PM Link | #74263
It sounds pretty bad. But, didn't only your sister get caught doing something bad? If they never caught you doing anything bad, then they have no reason to be so suspicious towards you, and you should tell them how you feel about this situation.

Cypher123
Posted on 07-21-16 09:14 PM Link | #74264
Posted by MusiMasta
It sounds pretty bad. But, didn't only your sister get caught doing something bad? If they never caught you doing anything bad, then they have no reason to be so suspicious towards you, and you should tell them how you feel about this situation.

I have. Nothing went right.
Anyways, they have caught me using things when I shouldn't (a crap time limit)
That's it.

poudink
Posted on 07-21-16 09:33 PM Link | #74268
That's bad. Sometimes I get crappy time limits, but my parent always forget about it in maximum a week, so I'm pretty much okay, but I was kinda choked while reading your post. Your dad really is overprotective.

[insert quote here]

Cypher123
Posted on 07-21-16 09:34 PM Link | #74269
Posted by poudink
That's bad. Sometimes I get crappy time limits, but my parent always forget about it in maximum a week, so I'm pretty much okay, but I was kinda choked while reading your post. Your dad really is overprotective.

Very.

salty
Posted on 07-21-16 11:55 PM Link | #74274
*boots up the computer*

dad: STOP BEING A PATHETIC WHELP

he was also in a bad mood today, so he takes it out on us

He made my brother mow the yard and cut the weeds, I cleaned the stairs and my room. Jesus.

He also joked about me not having friends. Like, really? You're gonna do that? Fuck you.

I complained a lot about him on RVLution, so it may apply to here too, but in short, I hate my dad.

SuperMario64DS
Posted on 07-22-16 03:05 AM (rev. 2 of 07-22-16 03:13 AM) Link | #74285
Sit down and talk to your parents about it.

My parents were like this too: initially, normal circumstances and guidelines were incorporated (Stay on X site, don't talk to strangers, etc), and as a kid I was fully satisfied playing Neopets through dialup and drawing in MS Paint.

Then an incident occurred, years later. It did not involve me, but to put it lightly rolled out like your sister's story but far more deliberate.

Long story short, I proved I was trustworthy, never tried to hide history, was open about what I did, and never opposed network monitoring or any program that performed this action. Understand, this was a different era, and it would seem as though your parents think as many did then too. But if you're truly being responsible, act respectfully, and be honest about your actions, you should earn trust.

Bear in mind, once trust is earned it can be easily lost. Understand your parents are like this because they care for you, not necessarily because they want to control you. Regardless of what anyone here thinks, what the majority says (For the record, the majority can be wrong - the easiest way to make something okay is to act like it's cool, justify it, and then legitimatize it. After all, these are humans and if something offers easy pleasure why not make it acceptable? Like, that's why weed is legal in some states), there are bad things out there, and it's best to not condone the actions of talentless people literally selling themselves off of people who simply can't control themselves. It's almost like gambling: the flashy lights, the sleek art, the little lines hopping between false matches and throwing virtual gold coins at the screen - you're a sucker. You're weak and you'll be drawn in. That itself is humiliating.

Tahcryon
Posted on 07-22-16 06:12 AM Link | #74292
Posted by salty
He made my brother mow the yard and cut the weeds, I cleaned the stairs and my room. Jesus.

He also joked about me not having friends. Like, really? You're gonna do that? Fuck you.

Key word there is joked. You could try to take it in a friendly way, which is what I do when my grandfather jokes about me not having a girlfriend ("When I was your age I had 3 girlfriends!"). I'm sure he wasn't trying to hate your or anything. If you feel uncomfortable with those remarks just tell him.

Also the cleaning your room thing- I'm pretty sure that that's a normal thing that everybody does. Better to clean your room than to grow up like a pig; nobody would want to live with a messy person.

Posted by poudink

Heh, time limits. I used to get those, but they weren't really enforced, considering both my parents came home at 8-9PM.

Posted by Cypher123
I have. Nothing went right.

This made me curious. What exactly happened? (If you don't want to answer, that's fine.)

[04/15/2018]gridatttack: I still think the whole smg2.5 team are still in middle school lol
[04/15/2018]gridatttack: and they are 14yrs old

cosmological: There's no one in Russia who doesn't agree with Putin, probably because his ideas are that great

Cypher123
Posted on 07-22-16 10:04 AM Link | #74315
Posted by SuperMario64DS
Sit down and talk to your parents about it.

My dad owns a company. It's kinda hard to do that with him running around fixing ACs.
I also tried before. Nothing has changed.
They tolod me I don't have to write it on paper like I had last time. If I try to tell them, they would interrupt and I would walk away with ¼ of my vent having been said.

Cypher123
Posted on 07-22-16 10:26 AM Link | #74318
Posted by Tahcryon
This made me curious. What exactly happened? (If you don't want to answer, that's fine.)

Well, at first, it had really been about them taking my DSi for the 2nd time because of using it at night and when I am not supposed to (But I wasn't playing a FUCING GAME!) and usually, because— not experience, more like stubborn assumptions— they think I am playing a game.
A bit later, it had fallen into rules. My dad had me point out all of the ones we had, but at the moment, I could only remember about 4. We have, like, 9. But even with that, they overdo it.
Then it fell into some personal things.
Bottom line: they never changed a thing.

Also, my brother tried to confront him about being paranoid, and.... My dad got angry and stubborn.
Story: My dad just randomly asked my brother where his tablet is while my friend was visiting. So my brother went to get it and he was in the room for an unnecessary few seconds. Reason being is because my parents would kill us if they figured out we used Facebook, Twitter, Google +, and Reddit at such a young age. Because it could "corrupt us", dating back to the story with my sister. I am not at ALL corrupted.

Anyways, my dad got paranoid for him being in there (as he was trying to be fast in deleting the apps. He was quick!) for "so long" . Blah blah blah, and my dad was all "WHAT TOOK SO LONG!" Then he made an example of how quick it could be. Then my brother said "What is wrong with you guys!? Why do you guys always think we are doing something wrong?! What is it?!" And my dad said "because of this! Because earlier! (Which my brother had his jacket in his hand and was about to put it on, my dad had to pat it down in every fucing area because he was "holding it suspiciously". He was golding it like a normal person. My dad is werid and annoying) Because of yesterday! (My brother taking his socks and shoes upstairs. Same thing happened, my dad had to pat down the socks and shake the shoes in every angle.) Because of what your sister did! (You know.)" And I was sitting there mumbling that nothing bad had happened. A few seconds later, my friend asked me if we could go upstairs into my room, so we did. He was trying to get away. "Your dad's crazy." He stated. I had said yeah and we stayed up there for a while. We played with some things I had in there as my brother walked in and sat on the bed saying that everything that happened was dumb.

See? Nothing will change. Nothing has.

Super-toad 65
Posted on 07-22-16 02:04 PM Link | #74349
I also have problems with my parents. Why do i not have a TV like other people here? Because of my parents. Why they do not protect me in a DECENT manner? Because they are bad!

I arrived at a conclusion:

BAD MY PARENTS ARE BUG! >:(

My youtube channel

fiver
Posted on 07-22-16 02:05 PM Link | #74350
saying your parents are bad because you don't have a tv in your room tells us oh so much about your problem

explain how they don't protect you in a "decent" manner pls
-fiverpost™
[image]

Tahcryon
Posted on 07-22-16 02:06 PM Link | #74351
That seems kind of odd. You have a computer, but you family doesn't own a TV?

[04/15/2018]gridatttack: I still think the whole smg2.5 team are still in middle school lol
[04/15/2018]gridatttack: and they are 14yrs old

cosmological: There's no one in Russia who doesn't agree with Putin, probably because his ideas are that great

MusiMasta
Posted on 07-22-16 02:08 PM Link | #74353
Welp, me too. Not that I watch TV anyway. I find it a waste of time and that there can be other things to do. Plus, I'm pretty sure you can watch many of the same shows on a computer, or tablet with the Netflix app.

Cypher123
Posted on 07-22-16 02:13 PM Link | #74358
Posted by MusiMasta
Welp, me too. Not that I watch TV anyway. I find it a waste of time and that there can be other things to do. Plus, I'm pretty sure you can watch many of the same shows on a computer, or tablet with the Netflix app.

Netflix doesn't even have Gravity Falls.
Sonic Boom is taken off every website but Hulu. Some people may not want Hulu because they have Netflix already.

Pages: 1 2

Main - Serious discussion - Crap going on between my family and my parents New reply

Page rendered in 0.026 seconds. (2048KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 26, rows: 227/227, time: 0.014 seconds.
[powered by Acmlm] Acmlmboard 2.064 (2018-07-20)
© 2005-2008 Acmlm, Xkeeper, blackhole89 et al.