Rules/FAQ | Memberlist | Calendar | Stats | Online users | Last posts | Search
07-20-18 04:33 AM
Guest:

0 users reading Election fraud | 1 bot

Main - Serious discussion - Election fraud New reply

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 07-30-16 06:44 PM Link | #75341
I wonder what's Clinton gonna to to the banks. Obama was bad enough to appointing the architects behind the economic meltdown, but I have an awful feeling that Clinton is going to make things worse. We need more bank regulation, not less. The lack of regulation contributed to those high-risk subprime mortgages.

Marionumber1
Posted on 07-30-16 06:49 PM (rev. 2 of 07-30-16 06:55 PM) Link | #75342
Posted by LeftyGreenMario
I wonder what's Clinton gonna to to the banks. Obama was bad enough to appointing the architects behind the economic meltdown, but I have an awful feeling that Clinton is going to make things worse. We need more bank regulation, not less. The lack of regulation contributed to those high-risk subprime mortgages.

At best, it'll be just like Obama. Her appointed "regulators" will be her friends from the financial industry, and there's virtually no chance of further legislation to regulate banks (or there will be some ineffective half-measure).

At worst, she'll sign legislation that deregulates them, similar to what Bill Clinton did with Glass-Steagall. Most likely, she'll play it up as some "grand compromise" with Republicans, an attempt to prove she's bipartisan.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 08-04-16 05:42 PM Link | #75674
Do you think Mrs. Clinton is more left or more right than Mr. Clinton? I've wondered this.

Also, I've looked a run-down of Clinton's points, and she's pretty pro-science. She supports regulation for global warming, supports a mandatory vaccine, and she opposes GMO labeling, all issues consistent with science. That can't be said for Gary Johnson or Donald Trump so I guess that's a Good Thing. Too bad her economic policies aren't that great to me.

Marionumber1
Posted on 08-04-16 06:32 PM Link | #75678
Do you think Mrs. Clinton is more left or more right than Mr. Clinton? I've wondered this.

She may be slightly more economically left-wing than Bill Clinton, but not by much. I also happen to think she's more likely to go to war.

Also, I've looked a run-down of Clinton's points, and she's pretty pro-science. She supports regulation for global warming, supports a mandatory vaccine, and she opposes GMO labeling, all issues consistent with science. That can't be said for Gary Johnson or Donald Trump so I guess that's a Good Thing. Too bad her economic policies aren't that great to me.

The problem is that she claims to support fighting climate change, but refuses to support a carbon tax that will help us do that (even though it was put in the Dem platform). It seems like more empty rhetoric from her.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 08-04-16 09:21 PM Link | #75681
Why doesn't she support the carbon tax? Because it's "anti-business"?

Marionumber1
Posted on 08-04-16 10:40 PM Link | #75685
Why doesn't she support the carbon tax? Because it's "anti-business"?

I don't know if she gave a reason, though she may have done so to avoid giving the perception that she's anti-business. A carbon tax is a fairly radical proposal in the US. But I suspect that a desire to please her donors is a major factor.

MusiMasta
Posted on 08-05-16 01:27 AM Link | #75688
Actually, I think the carbon tax is a good step forward towards conserving the environment, because it gives incentives for us to use renewable energy more often. Too bad Hilary doesn't support it. Hopefully some other candidate will support it.

Marionumber1
Posted on 08-05-16 07:29 AM Link | #75695
Posted by MusiMasta
Actually, I think the carbon tax is a good step forward towards conserving the environment, because it gives incentives for us to use renewable energy more often. Too bad Hilary doesn't support it. Hopefully some other candidate will support it.

Bernie Sanders (the legitimate winner of the primaries) did.

JakoNintenCraft
Posted on 08-05-16 09:47 PM Link | #75729
You know, I still don't get why Hillary hasn't been fired or banned from any gov't office. She mangled with classified information and is still in a job even though if another person did it, they'd be fired on the spot.

THE ELECTION IS RIGGED. SHE IS RIGGED.
We're screwed.

You're inside a simulation, of a simulation, inside a simulation, of a simulation, inside the Matrix, inside a taco, inside a taco, within a Taco Bell, that's inside a KFC, within a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR BRAIN!; inside another giant simulation!

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 08-05-16 10:56 PM Link | #75733
Posted by MusiMasta
Hopefully some other candidate will support it.

If Hillary doesn't support a carbon tax, what makes you think the anti-science party of global warming denying elephantine dinosaurs will support them?

Posted by Marionumber1
Bernie Sanders (the legitimate winner of the primaries) did.

And he's the only one who gives environmental issues the respect they deserve.

Marionumber1
Posted on 08-06-16 08:29 PM Link | #75786
If Hillary doesn't support a carbon tax, what makes you think the anti-science party of global warming denying elephantine dinosaurs will support them?

The Republicans certainly won't, but Jill Stein also supports one. Her winning is extremely unlikely, of course.

Marionumber1
Posted on 08-12-16 11:59 PM (rev. 2 of 08-13-16 12:01 AM) Link | #76070
I summarized election fraud from more of a theoretical standpoint. But there are some actual, direct examples of it being caught, which I explained on Reddit.

In King County WA, 3 hours were erased from the central tabulator audit log. The audit log is a security feature meant to record everything you do, so if you tamper with the election, it'll show up. And the audit log just happens to be missing 3 hours from when it was most susceptible to tampering. No legitimate explanation beyond fraud exists for this.

In Shelby County TN, something way worse was documented. MS Access, the program used for erasing the audit log, was installed and frequently used. An HTML editor was also used, and the only HTML files on the central tabulator were the election results. Someone also had PC Anywhere on the system, so they could remotely log into it. All this software was installed from an encrypted USB flash drive, meant to hide what was on it.

And I didn't include this in the Reddit post, but there was another egregious example in the 2000 Florida election. Election results are uploaded to the central tabulator from memory cards. Sometime after the correct results were loaded, somebody put in a second memory card with -16022 (negative) votes for Al Gore. This nearly caused Al Gore to concede, before someone reuploaded the first memory card. But the second one was never found.

It's pretty funny that this kind of brazen election fraud has happened. But it's also depressing that these occurrences have been known for over 10 years, and nobody cared.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 08-14-16 10:34 PM Link | #76141
Because all hail the status quo. It helps keep us rich.

Marionumber1
Posted on 08-19-16 01:43 AM Link | #76271
I've recently become interested in trying to identify the culprits behind the election fraud. And I've found some disturbing connections between election contractors and organized crime.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 08-19-16 05:42 PM Link | #76310
Anything about Russia?

Marionumber1
Posted on 08-19-16 05:47 PM Link | #76311
The main connection I found was related to the Iran-Contra scandal. In the 1980s, the CIA was running a cocaine trafficking operation out of Mena, Arkansas, using the money to fund the Contra rebels in Nicaragua. Bill Clinton was governor at the time, and likely helped cover the Mena operation up. Multiple election contractors (Ken Hajjar in New Hampshire, and John Elder in Washington) were convicted of narcotics trafficking in the same time period, implying they were linked to the operation.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 09-14-16 06:22 PM Link | #77303
Ugh. I'm not really educated on this, but this really sucks. In this time of the recession and the increasing wage gap, we really need government to help us, but we have to trust them first. This is understandably really hard after the wake of Watergate, the whole communist thing, and the government shutdown, but geez.

Marionumber1
Posted on 09-15-16 05:48 PM (rev. 2 of 09-15-16 05:56 PM) Link | #77410
Ugh. I'm not really educated on this, but this really sucks. In this time of the recession and the increasing wage gap, we really need government to help us, but we have to trust them first. This is understandably really hard after the wake of Watergate, the whole communist thing, and the government shutdown, but geez.

Yeah, I do not trust our government right now. That doesn't mean I don't think the government can't work for the benefit of the people, like it does in European social democracies. But until we actually have democratic government, it's going to continue being a vehicle of the wealthy to enrich themselves.

Election fraud is hardly noticed, but it's played a major role in the US's rightward shift. Ronald Reagan often gets a lot of blame for that, since he was the first president since Hoover to challenge our idea of social democracy and make greed a virtue. But Reagan alone didn't move the country to the right: it took the corporatization of the Democratic Party, led by Bill Clinton, and the GOP's reclamation of Congress.

Bill Clinton and the corporate Democrats justified abandoning New Deal ideology after Democrats lost three straight elections: 1980, 1984, and 1988. The idea was that Reagan transformed politics in a way that made progressivism unpalatable, and the Democrats had to adapt. Yet the Democrats had held on to the House (and sometimes the Senate) all throughout that time. And according to exit polls in 1988, Dukakis was the legitimate winner, with the election rigged against him. This was about the time that electronic voting systems became commonplace.

Democrats eventually ended up losing Congress, but only after 2 years of Bill Clinton. As long as the Republicans held power, people continued voting for progressive Democrats, but Bill Clinton took the party to the right and the Democrats found themselves rejected. Not to mention that congressional elections in the 1990s were questionable too. For example, there was Chuck Hagel, a political newcomer from Nebraska who managed to win a Senate seat in 1996. It just so happens he was on the board of ES&S, an elections vendor, before he resigned to run in an election where ES&S machines counted the votes.

Starting in 2000, the rigging became really obvious. Blatant fraud occurred in 2000 (such as the negative 16022 votes received by Al Gore) and 2004 (Ohio election results were transmitted through a GOP-controlled server) to make Bush the winner both times. Downticket races were also affected. In 2002, several major GOP upsets occurred right after the state moved to paperless Diebold touchscreens, which had untested last-minute patches installed. 2006 and 2008 were Democratic victories, but only because of eleventh-hour events (the 2006 GOP sex scandal and the 2008 financial crash) that helped Democrats overcome preprogrammed election rigging.

At the same time, the Democratic primaries have been rigged against the more progressive candidate. In 2008, there was evidence of fraud in Clinton's favor, though Obama did manage to win anyway. In 2016, the primaries were stolen from Bernie Sanders entirely.

Election fraud has given the GOP a nearly impenetrable majority for much of the last 2 decades. Meanwhile, Democrats (who are owned by corporations too) justify acting like conservatives, because the GOP's success makes the country look more right-wing than it actually is. And those who dare to be progressive anyway (such as Bernie Sanders) are often stopped by rigged elections themselves.

The result of this rightward shift is catastrophic. Wages have been stagnant, inequality has increased, multiple industries (including banks) were deregulated in the 1990s, mass incarceration is destroying the lives of people of color, the Bush administration got us into multiple illegal wars that the Obama administration expanded upon, and disastrous trade deals have sailed through Congress.

We're forced to live with these awful consequences, unable to fix anything, as corporations continue to extract profits from workers and plunder the Earth. And it's only getting worse.

The TPP is the latest trade agreement, being pushed for by the corporate representatives of both parties (including Obama). It will let multinational corporations challenge a country's laws in international tribunals, which are (unsurprisingly) designed to favor those corporations. Nearly every major regulation we care about - health, safety, labor, and environmental protections - could be stripped away. Any new laws - a higher minimum wage, expanded union rights, single-payer, a carbon tax - would be discouraged because corporations could reap "lost profits" for them.

Capitalism would literally be converted into wage slavery, with all of our rights gone. The environment, which is hurtling towards destruction unless we deal with climate change immediately, would be sucked dry until we're all dead. Passing the TPP would be nothing short of a corporate coup in America. Even repairing our broken democracy won't matter if corporations stand above a nation's laws.

Well, that was very gloomy and hopeless. But it is the unfortunate truth of where we're headed. Election fraud and money in politics have been used to engineer a rightward shift against the interests of the people. Now our lost democracy is bringing us to the next stage: the complete obsolescence of democracy and its replacement by corporate rule.

StapleButter
Posted on 09-15-16 06:02 PM Link | #77411
shit's going down.

capitalism will fall. just like communism did back then.

what do you use to measure bolts? a boltmeter

Marionumber1
Posted on 09-15-16 06:07 PM Link | #77413
Posted by StapleButter
shit's going down.

capitalism will fall. just like communism did back then.

Yep, we're at the point where capitalism has proven its unviability. A while ago, I had hoped that we could just reform the system from the inside, adding some social democratic reforms that would make capitalism work for the benefit of all. But I've come to realize that oligarchy is so entrenched that you can't just paint on top of the system. The system has to be utterly uprooted and destroyed, so we can start from scratch with something better. Democratic means can't achieve this, since we don't have democratic means. Revolution (civil disobedience and maybe, unfortunately, violence) looks to be the only way forward.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Main - Serious discussion - Election fraud New reply

Page rendered in 0.025 seconds. (2048KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 26, rows: 229/229, time: 0.014 seconds.
[powered by Acmlm] Acmlmboard 2.064 (2017-11-20)
© 2005-2008 Acmlm, Xkeeper, blackhole89 et al.