Main - Serious discussion - Why I can't wait to move the fuck out New reply

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
StapleButter
Posted on 06-05-16 06:52 PM Link | #71514
that sounds overly dumb and infantilizing and whatever

what do you use to measure bolts? a boltmeter

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 06-05-16 07:16 PM Link | #71520
Does your mom do the same thing or does she just couldn't care less what you do?

StapleButter
Posted on 06-05-16 07:20 PM Link | #71521
it's not that bad, no

her crap is all about my choices in life (go my way because it's the only right one!!!!!)

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 06-06-16 12:25 AM Link | #71542
Well, everything my mom does is like this

I want to prepare a salad. I know what ingredients to put in.
My mom asks me if I should put ham in. She then asks if I should put cucumbers in there as well. And then she asks if I should cook couscous. And then she asks if I should eat bread with that too.

It's kind of like the same thing when we're heading out. Mom asks us to get a jacket if it's, say, overcast (maybe like 20 degrees Celsius outside). I get it, but my sister doesn't, and my mom wouldn't even start the car but my sister keeps saying no until, well, my mom either starts the car or she gets out to get a jacket for her.

StapleButter
Posted on 06-06-16 11:01 AM Link | #71566
that's uh, weird... constant quiz mode???

reminds me of a scene. Mom wanted to go somewhere to get a new device for remote highway payment. At the same time, I would drive her there to practice driving.

Was sunny out there and the car was a convertible. Sure enough, mom wanted me to wear a cap, but I didn't want one. And sure enough, she insisted, with childish blackmailing to boot.

YOU WILL WEAR THAT CAP OR YOU'RE NOT GOING!!!!!!

Well okay, fine. (well anyway you seem to consider that I'm 6 and in that case I can't drive a car)

In the end, she gave up. Interesting. There have been dumber things where she was adamant on her position for no reason other than "I'm going to decide for you because you're an idiot".

Also worth noting that my arms were more affected by the sun than my head.

oh well, these days that kind of shit happens a lot less anyway. Some of the conflicts were about clothes, but I buy my clothes alone, so I can pick the right size without having her "no that's too small, pick it 3 times larger, in case you gain 50kg overnight!" and the awful feeling that trying to go against it would result in a huge argument in the shop. Atleast she doesn't throw a fit over the clothes I bring back home.

the real fight is over what I will do in life. And it's subtle, ways that she disapproves of don't get a straight no but a list of all the things that can go wrong, while the 'good' way doesn't.

StapleButter
Posted on 06-17-16 08:42 PM Link | #72212
oh boy it's coming it's coming

anyway, tonight's meal was... couscous without semolina. Was weird to say the least.

she forgot about the semolina or something... but then thought that "oh this will be ok". blarg. derp.

yeah, well, glad I can soon carry out my plans and put an end to this thread. With the end of univ, I'm kind of running out of material :P

FireMario74
Posted on 06-18-16 12:26 PM (rev. 2 of 06-18-16 12:30 PM) Link | #72222
*Insert StapleButter's first post here*
That's basically my dad and my sister. And of course I'm always outnumbered with the votes on what to do together. I can't wait to move out as well!
EDIT: Also I'm not allowed to have an account on any forums or really anything which is why I use incognito mode via google.

Mariocrash
Posted on 06-21-16 06:06 AM Link | #72317
I wish I could move outta home to find peace and quiet away from family because 3 reasons:

1. My mom: she's arguably pissing me off for anything I do, when it comes to games and computers. She's the one who forced me to go at a campus, or a clinic (in my country, it's much an internship for students) -- I'll be away from this place after 4 years of nothingness. No matter the situation gets too problematic, I'm getting all the spits all over me.

2. Money. One's possible issue also with my mom, forcing to give money for each person in the family (food, clothes, bills and debts). Seriously, although I was the last in the family to own a bank account and some credit card, I feel like getting robbed by my own. And they say, it's for their sake... yeah, right.

3. Low self-confidence/self-independance. Lately, I rambled over things why my mom and my step-sisters pressured me too much to do stuff for them, like I must do anything to help them all day. I mean, come on! I'm not a goddarn kid, but no, I eventually am a 20-yo manchild. On second thought, if I could find a place to live alone without being called over, that'll be awesome. Everytime I spoke to them, they don't care at all, just ignorance full of arrogance. Not allowed to speak, not allowed to refuse, not allowed to do anything against their will. As the young man next to my big bro, we're being played as dumb pawns.

Also most of my ambitions were shattered of the 3 causes, so I rather not spend most of my life living in a apartment full of crazy sick people who yells loudly and speaks to people on their phone 24/7 while I do things greatly productive in the internet; also preferably do things outside while I do not feel that way but I digress for being too reclusive more often.

StapleButter
Posted on 06-22-16 12:59 PM Link | #72342
Man, that sounds bad. Esp. the number two. If you have a source of income, you're getting robbed. Otherwise, it's just bullshit (either you give someone money or you don't give it, but you don't "give it then take it back"). Regardless, I just wouldn't accept it.

Low self-confidence is a plague. I can relate. I'm sure you aren't a complete failure, though, and there are things you were successful at.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 06-23-16 07:42 PM (rev. 2 of 06-23-16 07:42 PM) Link | #72362
Posted by Mariocrash
2. Money. One's possible issue also with my mom, forcing to give money for each person in the family (food, clothes, bills and debts). Seriously, although I was the last in the family to own a bank account and some credit card, I feel like getting robbed by my own. And they say, it's for their sake... yeah, right.

If they really think it's for their sake, they can do a better job by showing you that they actually do need the money. You know, bills, actual income, expenses, that crap.

Otherwise, controlling your money like that is intrusive and good parents don't do this and lie to their children and to themselves for that.

StapleButter
Posted on 06-24-16 04:05 AM Link | #72373
might just be a way to keep you under control. Without money, you can't do shit.

unrelatedly, I don't regret the move at all. I love this place, I can finally do things without having to plan everything so I don't miss the hourly bus during midday.

I still have to find an apartment tho. I'm visiting one today, will let you guys know how that goes.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 06-25-16 07:17 PM Link | #72393
Aren't affordable apartments in France hell to deal with?

Mariocrash
Posted on 06-30-16 12:15 PM Link | #72570
Paying rent for apartments is a real constant nightmare, I've never seen how people handle these effortlessly with the bare minimum of money they had.

StapleButter
Posted on 07-01-16 04:01 AM Link | #72722
Posted by BantyGreenMario
Aren't affordable apartments in France hell to deal with?

depends what you mean by 'affordable apartment'.

anyway, I found one with an acceptable rent. In France you can also get monetary help from the state if you're young enough.

StapleButter
Posted on 07-01-16 10:29 AM Link | #72733
there we go.

I'm moved out.

there's still shit to finish, but I have a place to live. yay

Baby Luigi
Posted on 07-02-16 05:24 PM Link | #72868
congartulations staplebutter!

fiver
Posted on 07-02-16 05:28 PM Link | #72869
^As she said, congrats on the new apartment. How is it? :P
-fiverpost™
[image]

salty
Posted on 07-02-16 07:06 PM Link | #72877
Nice job! What better way to celebrate by drinking heavily?

Tahcryon
Posted on 07-03-16 07:25 AM Link | #72923
congratulations. Now we can kill this thread, right?
Glad to see that your mom accepted your decision and realized that you can do what you want.

[04/15/2018]gridatttack: I still think the whole smg2.5 team are still in middle school lol
[04/15/2018]gridatttack: and they are 14yrs old

cosmological: There's no one in Russia who doesn't agree with Putin, probably because his ideas are that great

StapleButter
Posted on 07-03-16 09:13 AM Link | #72925
thanks guys :P

Posted by xkitten
^As she said, congrats on the new apartment. How is it? :P

pretty nice so far, a small place but more than enough for me :P

as for the place it's in, well
* sunny!
* not hard at all to get to interesting places via the tramway network, it also operates almost 24/7
* near univ, too

for comparison, my previous place:
* almost-constant shitty weather. Sun happens... for a couple days per month.
* stuck in the middle of nowhere. Midday: one bus per hour, plan shit carefully. Evening: no moving past 9PM, piss off.
* stuck with mom who gives way too much importance to my studies and life.

Posted by Bancryon
congratulations. Now we can kill this thread, right?
Glad to see that your mom accepted your decision and realized that you can do what you want.

we can kill it I guess :P

oh and 'accepted', yeah... I kind of forced it though.

I left on the 22nd and pretended it was a vacation trip. I told the truth on the 24th.

wasn't nice, but saved me a lot of trouble before the departure. And even then she still makes up shit like "there's no jobs in your place" (quick check shows that's bullshit, but eh).

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Main - Serious discussion - Why I can't wait to move the fuck out New reply

Page rendered in 0.040 seconds. (2048KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 27, rows: 231/231, time: 0.024 seconds.
[powered by Acmlm] Acmlmboard 2.064 (2017-11-20)
© 2005-2008 Acmlm, Xkeeper, blackhole89 et al.