06-25-18 02:59 PM
Guest:

0 users reading Why I can't wait to move the fuck out | 1 bot

Main - Serious discussion - Why I can't wait to move the fuck out New reply

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
StapleButter
Posted on 05-06-16 03:01 PM (rev. 2 of 05-06-16 03:02 PM) Link | #70423
yeah, pretty much

and it's always the same shit: if I complain about how there's no trust, I get my failures rubbed in my face as a justification, but successes don't matter at all

which is obviously full of shit, you can't expect people to always be successful

(and those who by luck are always successful aren't winners at all anyway, at the first hard failure they encounter they'll get into severe depression)

what do you use to measure bolts? a boltmeter

Baby Luigi
Posted on 05-06-16 03:04 PM Link | #70424
Same deal with me, probably one of the reasons I have low self-confidence to begin with. I tend to trivialize my successes because I had felt they weren't "major" enough to be serious.

StapleButter
Posted on 05-06-16 03:09 PM Link | #70425
I've had similar self-confidence issues at times, but even then, I have that so-called "misplaced pride" that made me gradually make her forced assistance harder and eventually completely reject it. It will be either my own success or my own failure, but not an easy spoonfed success.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 05-06-16 06:57 PM (rev. 2 of 05-06-16 06:59 PM) Link | #70482
Posted by saltypepper
Dad told me a few days ago this pretty much:

Me: I don't know what job I want

Dad: oh you're going to just use the fucking internet and play video games good fucking luck with your life sounds like a waste of time

dad is the reason why i punch my walls in my room

That's not healthy.

Your dad should be ashamed of himself. No parent should drive their kids to punch walls in the room. Your dad's response is totally inappropriate and uncalled for. He needs to apologize. Does he even realize you do this? Because again, that sounds abusive.

StapleButter
Posted on 05-06-16 07:05 PM Link | #70485
it stems from something healthy though, pushing your kids to become independent

but it's bad when you do it so much that you drive them insane

Sevrault
Posted on 05-06-16 09:41 PM Link | #70524
I also sometimes have issues with my mom.

>one of my grades drops by 1-3%
>"that's it, no more video games til you bring that grade up"

No joke, this actually happened.

YouTube || Twitter
kinda addicted to team fortress 2 now whoopee

StapleButter
Posted on 05-07-16 07:09 PM Link | #70564
that's utter and complete bullshit, elitism never gives good results

also, second chance exams are coming. mom wants details about everything and keeps asking questions and asgfasadsfasdgsaf

and the same excuse from her "but you don't say shit if I don't ask questions"

maybe you should mind your own business?

Degolegodyl
Posted on 05-07-16 08:58 PM Link | #70567
Actually, something very similar happened to me. I was doing kinda alright, then parents start looking into my grades and look disappointed when a lower mark is present. Well, let's just say my grades started trailing and went down. Then in high school I looked after my grades myself and only reported those that I wanted to share. Turns out they skyrocketed from a ~60% average to a 91% by grade 9 and ending at 96% by grade 12. Seems like letting someone handle their own stuff works miracles.

Baby Luigi
Posted on 05-07-16 09:22 PM Link | #70568
My grades dropped in high school, and it's mostly because of disillusionment from it and how much I absolutely hated it.

Degolegodyl
Posted on 05-08-16 12:58 AM Link | #70573
Yeah honestly I felt that high schools really gear towards one type of student, theres different type of people that are suited to different learning styles. Also, I found that having a good number of friends helps a lot to wanting to go to school. If you dont know anyone or youre even bullied, youre probably going to hate it and not wanna go at all. I think the education system, at least up to high school level, has to be checked over, and not by 60 year old politicians, but by teens that go through high school and understand the system. Also, good teachers help to get good marks. Back then you don't know how to study from textbooks and stuff, so youre gonna not learn well and do poorly because the teacher teaches you and then makes the tests that might bring your average even lower

StapleButter
Posted on 05-08-16 08:42 AM Link | #70575
yeah, they need to stop shoving a billion things in people's heads

anyway, here come support courses for people who are getting second chance exams...

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 05-08-16 02:29 PM Link | #70579
If my relationship with Dad is bad, my grade school years just worsened it. I loathed it. I was so angry and sad and stressed out. They say that college is more work than high school, but man, I don't necessarily agree with that.

StapleButter
Posted on 05-08-16 02:34 PM Link | #70582
yeah, they keep trying to force you into that stereotypical work curve

the top of it is when you get a job and "done having fun or having a social life, I don't have time anymore, permanent hurry and stress is way more fun"

you finally get to live when you retire, but too late, you're old and you spend your days watching crapo TV shows

Baby Luigi
Posted on 05-08-16 02:39 PM Link | #70584
I don't know why I'm required to take classes like Statistics and...math in general. When I'm going to look for an employer in the field I'm interested, they don't give a damn if I know what a χ² distribution is or if I know how inferential statistics works. They want me to make 3D models. They want me to do what I'm supposed to be specialized in.

Well-roundedness my ass, this isn't how society works. When you call a car mechanic, you want them to know how your car works and only that, that's why you're paying him for his services.

I hate general eds. It's just a freaking waste of time that should have stuck in high school. I already know what I want to do, I don't need to take classes that take a heavy toll in my GPA simply because of lack of interest in them and they aren't relevant to my major.

Otherwise I really love community college, but my god, general eds at this point should be optional not required.

StapleButter
Posted on 05-08-16 03:03 PM Link | #70586
I get that they'd want to teach you a 'basic package' so you can easily choose and change your choices later on, but... yeah

there are definitely a lot of things that are completely useless unless you want to be a teacher (or some very specific job)

advanced math crap is one but not the only one, there's also all the bullshit you get in language courses (for me French courses) at middle school

SGC
Posted on 05-08-16 03:18 PM (rev. 2 of 05-08-16 03:20 PM) Link | #70587
I've never really liked Math either, I'm horrible at maths, and it has nothing to do with want I want to do in life. I don't know why nobody bothers to change the system, why learn something that you're never going to get any use out of? People should only be required to know basic maths (Adding, and Subtracting, and maybe Multiplication), not Einstein level bullshit.

StapleButter
Posted on 05-08-16 03:34 PM Link | #70589
indeed.

have I mentioned another thing with mom that annoys me? how she's constantly begging for your approval when saying things, ie "gonna open the blinds, it's dark here, don't you agree?"

which is often followed by my silence and sometimes her "no? you don't agree? why aren't you saying anything omgomgomgasfdasagdfajhsgasakjs" and more dumb shit

do you have people like that around you? it's annoying

SGC
Posted on 05-08-16 03:56 PM (rev. 3 of 05-08-16 04:05 PM) Link | #70595
I have a few people in my life that tend to do that, most notably my Great Grandmother.

StapleButter
Posted on 06-05-16 02:21 PM Link | #71503
yay. this is the second time or so that mom asks me to read something for her, and it's not even tinyass text

at that rate, next year I'll end up wiping her ass if I don't move the fuck out.

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 06-05-16 05:13 PM Link | #71507
My mom insists I do things such as taking jackets with us when we're wearing T-shirts. It's annoying, but I often comply with her. Unlike my sister, who's much more defiant than I am. My brother said that Mom treats me like a baby sometimes, she even treats my brother this way. She was just bugging me about jury duty yesterday and that made my brother exasperated.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Main - Serious discussion - Why I can't wait to move the fuck out New reply

Page rendered in 0.028 seconds. (2048KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 26, rows: 227/227, time: 0.015 seconds.
[powered by Acmlm] Acmlmboard 2.064 (2017-11-20)
© 2005-2008 Acmlm, Xkeeper, blackhole89 et al.