0 users reading Why I can't wait to move the fuck out | 1 bot

Main - Serious discussion - Why I can't wait to move the fuck out New reply

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
StapleButter
Posted on 04-05-16 04:33 PM Link | #69450
mom: when are you starting tomorrow?
me: uh, late
mom: ok, you're on your own

not as in "fuck you I'm not helping you", but she wants to take me to univ when I start early so I can wake up later

this time though, I start early, but shush, I want to avoid the trip with her

man it'll be cool once I'm out of here, no more dealing with that shit, and hopefully I can be in a good place so it's not a one-hour commute to univ and back every day (or undergoing the trip with mom)

it's not that I hate her or anything, but the trip is... annoying, and gives her chances to get into my univ life (as in "I will handle the way you work your exams" and generally acting like I'm 6)

so yeah, there are more reasons for me to want to move out, but mom's shit is the main one (which also means this is going to be a ton of fun, because this reason isn't diplomatic)

How about you guys, have you moved out or are you planning to? Tell us some of your fun stories!

what do you use to measure bolts? a boltmeter

shibboleet
Posted on 04-05-16 04:33 PM Link | #69451
derp
senior in high school
not staying on campus

I'm moving the hell out after I get out of college. lol

Baby Luigi
Posted on 04-05-16 06:04 PM (rev. 2 of 04-05-16 06:05 PM) Link | #69453
I'm sick with staying with my dad and my mom and their hostility and pissiness. StapleButter knows what I'm talking about.

The difference is that I have next to no power and it's extremely difficult.

StapleButter
Posted on 04-05-16 06:10 PM Link | #69455
well, maybe you aren't as powerless as you think

for a while I thought I was powerless too, because there'd be 3 main reasons for me to leave home:

1) getting away from mom and her shit -> no way to explain it diplomatically or in a way where she wouldn't just get offended and consider it's just me being an asshole
2) less commute time -> "just buy a car you idiot"
3) easier to go out with friends and do shit -> "who cares, univ should have the priority over everything else"

see, I can't present the plan to my parents. So what do I do? do it behind their backs. I'm convinced it's feasible, even though I will have to work part-time to support myself.

Baby Luigi
Posted on 04-05-16 06:14 PM Link | #69456
I need help in getting a part-time job. I've heard they say apply everywhere but a lot places just don't bother looking at your application at all, or they do but they probably have better choices (the only time I got called in was at Target once, and I didn't get a second interview)

StapleButter
Posted on 04-05-16 06:28 PM Link | #69458
eh, I hope I'll manage to get a job, my plan requires it

but my sister managed it so no reason I wouldn't

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 04-05-16 10:26 PM Link | #69461
Why do my parents think that just because Baby Luigi and I are 21, we're capable of achieving miracles on our own? We can't drive but they won't stop berating us for it and they don't help us. They use our age as a justification for giving us the middle finger if we need help because allegedly, we're lazy/incompetent and we want to be spoonfed when I feel we legitimately need help and a push.

Sevrault
Posted on 04-05-16 10:51 PM Link | #69465
i'm not old enough to move out on my own

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

LeftyGreenMario
Posted on 04-05-16 10:55 PM Link | #69466
Well, I'm old enough, but currently, I don't have the power.

I'm telling you, I SHOULD move out. I hurt myself before. I don't want to deal with my dad a lot longer because he's clearly a detriment to my emotional health.

StapleButter
Posted on 04-06-16 04:10 AM Link | #69471
This reminds me of how my sister deals with mom's crap. She shielded herself from that long ago. She doesn't listen and only believes what she experiences.

It's, well, a solution. Some of the things mom says are right, some are amplified dramatic crap and some are just bullshit she uses to keep us on her rails ("you will fail if you don't follow my way to work your exams").

The best part is hearing mom going "boh I lost my daughter" because she did something mom doesn't approve of.

In mom's mind, it's like "oh no, my daughter is all clean and nice, she would follow my way, but she met EVIL PERSONS who have warped her and she was too foolish to resist". Uh yeah, what if it was just her own choice?

Either way, mom saying that is horrible. I mean, fuck, my sister didn't murder people or rape children or join ISIS.

Who knows what she'll start saying whenever she finds out that I'm leaving :)

MarioFanatic64
Posted on 04-06-16 09:09 AM Link | #69474
Luckily for me, once every two years there's a two month period where I live on my own.

It's friggin' great, man.

StapleButter
Posted on 04-06-16 11:25 AM Link | #69476
why a two month period every two years, though? maybe I'm missing something, but it seems weird to me

Degolegodyl
Posted on 04-06-16 02:53 PM Link | #69481
Am I the only one that doesn't desperately want to move out?

StapleButter
Posted on 04-06-16 03:07 PM Link | #69482
eventually, you'll change your mind, even if you get along with your parents

Degolegodyl
Posted on 04-06-16 03:14 PM Link | #69483
I'll move out when I can, but it's nice of them letting me stay once I turned 18.

StapleButter
Posted on 04-06-16 03:15 PM Link | #69484
well I'm glad that your parents are seemingly easy to live with :)

salty
Posted on 04-06-16 03:31 PM Link | #69486
my parents are getting on my brother's case for not getting a job and the last job he applied for was during his school hours

my mom said "just quit school"

what the fuck
shibs is a nerd pass it on

StapleButter
Posted on 04-06-16 05:26 PM Link | #69487
what the hell, indeed

you better follow your mom's rails!!!

Spacey
Posted on 04-06-16 08:06 PM Link | #69498
My older brother wants to get a job and move out next year, but here is the problem with that though, he can't even get up for school on time on his own and does poorly in school. He's not a very good person on top of all of that, he tends to scream for no reason and randomly will come up to you and start yelling at you about either something racist or about how bush did 9/11. Needless to say, I really hope he moves out sooner than later.

As for me, well, I have about 2 years of high school left and after that i'll probably go to uni, meaning i'll have to move out to be able to get there since the school I plan on going to is a bit to far away to drive to from where I am now.

StapleButter
Posted on 04-06-16 08:20 PM Link | #69499
Posted by Spacey
He's not a very good person on top of all of that, he tends to scream for no reason and randomly will come up to you and start yelling at you about either something racist or about how bush did 9/11.

is your brother SquidEmpress or what

:P

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Main - Serious discussion - Why I can't wait to move the fuck out New reply

Page rendered in 0.053 seconds. (2048KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 27, rows: 231/231, time: 0.028 seconds.
[powered by Acmlm] Acmlmboard 2.064 (2017-11-20)
© 2005-2008 Acmlm, Xkeeper, blackhole89 et al.